Honored Contributor
I have on the weather channel and they say the worst will go slightly more east than west so the brunt of the storm won’t hit NOLA...but they will still have flooding. Your son will get used it if he chooses to live there very long. Sounds like he is well-prepared and has a plan...good for him!
Honored Contributor

The live cam on Bourbon Street shows dry conditions at the moment.  The street looks wet but people are strolling without umbrellas.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The live cam on Bourbon Street shows dry conditions at the moment.  The street looks wet but people are strolling without umbrellas.

Thats accurate, @ValuSkr .  Same conditions here in the suburbs. 
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Water is rushing over two levees already and TS Barry is just beginning to impact Louisiana...

Here's a link to a video of one of the levees... holy-cow-smiley.gif

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/plaquemines-parish-levee

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Water is rushing over two levees already and TS Barry is just beginning to impact Louisiana...

Here's a link to a video of one of the levees... holy-cow-smiley.gif

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/plaquemines-parish-levee

LATEST UPDATE: now 3 levees are overtopped with water...and this is only the beginning...

Esteemed Contributor

Just to be clear, these are not the state of the art Federal levees built since Katrina.  These are earthen levees in a more rural parish (county) south of New Orleans.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your concern for my son! As you all know, the storm didn't impact NOLA as much as we thought. He never lost power. I think Wednesday before the weekend, when he had no power, no food, and the street was flooding, was the day that impacted him - and us - the most. He went back to work Tuesday morning, after staying in his apartment almost a week. 

@shoesnbags - Thanki you so much for your post. It gave me a lot of comfort! Smiley Happy