Honored Contributor

Tropical Storm Barry...

[ Edited ]

I have been saying prayers that all of the folks in the path of this storm remain safe and are fully preparing...even leaving if need be.

The rainfall potential for Louisiana & Mississippi is off the charts...they are talking not just inches, but in feet. The forward motion of this storm is expected to crawl at a snail's pace.

I'm sure most remember what the slow moving Hurricane Harvey did to the Houston area in 2017...dumping 30+ inches of rain.

Stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

Those numbers are off the charts. This isn't even a hurricane and still it packs a wallop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tropical Storm Barry...

[ Edited ]

Please say a prayer for the animals.

Even those not directly in the path will be effected as rescuers work to relocate to safer locations.

Already moving some sheltered animals to higher ground.

I know many are thinking about them as we speak,♥️

but felt moved to add this note.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Thank you so much.  Your prayers are appreciated! Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve been praying for the people and animals. They need our help! Slow moving storms are the worst, and flooding terrible. My area has many huge trees, scary. 

My grandson is in Houston where flooding is bad. My son and granddaughter go to visit him and his new baby girl in August. I hope there are no storms then!  

Honored Contributor

DS just graduated college in NOLA and has his first job there. He is in a first floor apartment. Wednesday his street was flooded, but the water receded that night. He doesn't have a car. Most of his neighbors are staying. A few of his friends who have family in the area have invited him over. One of his close friends left for her boyfriend's home and gave him her keys. She is across the street in a two-story duplex. He has plenty of non-perishable food and water, and since his power was out all day Wednesday it will probably go out again. Tonight he's been playing video games on the computer with his 3 closest friends from home. I asked him what they thought, and he said, "They trust me. I wish you would too. I can handle this."

If it gets bad, his plan is to go across the street to his friend's duplex, where at least he can go upstairs. 

I am a nervous wreck, but he is comfortable with his decision to stay. The lady in the apartment behind him told him she's stayed during storms worse than this. And his former college has closed, but not evacuated their students. Friends have been calling and texting us, and everyone is praying - that's all I can do. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom Praying for your son.  Do as he asks and stay calm and do your best to, as he says, trust his judgement.  At some point, even though we always worry about them, grown children make their own way.  

@Susan Louise Praying for everyone, including the animals, who are/or will be experiencing this storm.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@beach-mom Praying for your son.  Do as he asks and stay calm and do your best to, as he says, trust his judgement.  At some point, even though we always worry about them, grown children make their own way.  

@Susan Louise Praying for everyone, including the animals, who are/or will be experiencing this storm.

@aroc3435  I also pray for all the wildlife/birds too.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom, I am praying for all in the path of this storm.  I don’t blame you for worrying, but I am sure your son will be fine.  He sounds like a young man who makes sound decisions.  I will be thinking of you.  

Valued Contributor

@AuntG @Susan Louise @aroc3435 @beach-mom @1Snickers 

Updated new in my area says it will be probably a hurricane 1 when reaches landfall.  Prayers for all in this path!