Trusted Contributor

I use an angel that my sister gave me about 35 years ago. I do like the idea of an Angel that lights up. 

Super Contributor

Question for Susan Louise, I love your vintage ornaments.  Are the choir boys that are in the photo also vintage?  Are they statues or candles.  I remember small choir boy candles.  Are they from ebay?  I love them. 

Esteemed Contributor

we have had both.

Star now

Valued Contributor

A lighted five pointed star and sometimes a lighted snowflake. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Tree topper

[ Edited ]

@cookie16 wrote:

Question for Susan Louise, I love your vintage ornaments.  Are the choir boys that are in the photo also vintage?  Are they statues or candles.  I remember small choir boy candles.  Are they from ebay?  I love them. 

@cookie16  

Yes,it is vintage. I bought the piece on Ebay just before I decorated for the holidays last year. It is an Artmark Christmas Carolers Music Box Made in Japan.

Here's a closer pic of it...

P4490009.JPG

Trusted Contributor

I've used both at one time or the other. I used several stars last year. One year I used a Mary and Joseph. I've used ribbon bows etc.. I like to change it up every few years. And then I'll start over again with angels etc 

Super Contributor

Susan Louise, thank you for the reply.  I wouldn't have thought it was a music box.  What a nice find.  I am now on a mission to find something similar.  Have a very Merry Christmas. 

Respected Contributor

We use a white fabric angel that our neighbor made for us when our son was a baby. She was a crafter who sold her goods at numerous craft fairs. We've had fancier ones, but hers is the one we put up every year.

Respected Contributor

I've used a couple of different angels for many years, I got a lighted star last year that has a "mirror ball" inside it that rotates.  The lights that shine out of the piercings in the star move and flicker and give my DH motion sickness, so I can't even turn it on when he's in the house.  I wish Valerie Parr Hill would make some of her beautiful finial table ornaments into tree toppers, I think that is actually the origin of that design, isn't that what the word "finial" means?  I've actually looked at a bunch of her finials to see if I could cut the solid bottom off on an acrylic one to use as a tree topper!  I think they are all too huge, sadly.  I need to go hunting in lots of stores this November to see if I can find a tree topper finial, I really miss having one.  My parents' broke many years ago, or I'd be using it in memory of them.  It was that fine, fragile glass all Christmas tree ornaments used to be made out of, that is one holiday tradition I honestly don't miss.

Respected Contributor

My tree topper is a blown glass very traditional one - the kind with a couple various sized rounds that then it tapers up into a inverted cone shape.

The main color is red, but it also has blue, purple, green and golden yellow - all tipped and frosted with fine white glitter. It is gorgeous - I baby that thing like crazy - nothing will ever happen to it. It is wrapped in tissue, then bubble wrap, more tissue,  then packed in peanuts .... yep, I am a bit fanatical about my tree decorations, especially that topper 😊!

(Just  think ladies - our trees will up before we know it!!)

-Texas Hill Country-