Honored Contributor

Re: Tree topper

[ Edited ]

@Bettyanne wrote:

Wow  I love it...what a great idea!!!

@Bettyanne Thank you Smiley Happy

I just edited my post and added a few more pics...

Also, if you google 'vintage star tree toppers' and 'vintage angel tree toppers' you will have a lot of fun with the variety. Many are found at EBay or Etsy.

We hung one tree topper on one of our front windows last year (pic below). I bought several so I can switch them out from year to year. We can't have holiday decorations outside because they have gotten stolen more than once. I also can only put one of these up each year in one window because of our security cameras. It's still cute and better than nothing at all Smiley Happy

P4490050.JPG

Honored Contributor

We have used a Waterford star, on our main tree,  given to us as a gift a million years ago.

Image result for waterford christmas tree topper

On our second tree in the family room, we use a Lenox tree topper.  Again, given to us as a gift a million years ago. 

I can't find a picture of it. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We always had a star to guide those three guys on the camels.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bettyanne

An ANGEL!!!  👼

@Susan Louise

Love your tree and beautiful vintage ornaments---a woman after my own heart  🎄  Woman Very Happy 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Bettyanne

An ANGEL!!!  👼

@Susan Louise

Love your tree and beautiful vintage ornaments---a woman after my own heart  🎄  Woman Very Happy 

@Spurt  Awww...Bless your heart, thank you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise ~ I love your retro tree😍  The ornaments bring back many, cherished childhood memories.  

I have used a lit angel angel tree topper for many years, just a personal favorite👼🏼

We we had our first snow today.  No accumulation, it was a heavier, wet snow and melted as it hit the street.  ❄️💦

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Susan Louise ~ I love your retro tree😍  The ornaments bring back many, cherished childhood memories.  

I have used a lit angel angel tree topper for many years, just a personal favorite👼🏼

We we had our first snow today.  No accumulation, it was a heavier, wet snow and melted as it hit the street.  ❄️💦

@AKgirl2  Thank you! It was so much fun collecting the vintage ornaments and tree toppers last year...most on EBay and a few from Etsy. Some ornaments I bought individualy and others in small lots in auctions.

Here in Nebraska we had our 1st snow a couple of weeks ago...3" accumulation and it was the heavy snow too...LOL

It must be wonderful living in Alaska. Someday DH and I want to take a trip up after DH retires. We especially want to go to Katmai NP to see the bears at Brooks Falls Smiley Happy                                                                                                                                                               

Trusted Contributor

When I was a child it was always a star or angel.  I think Santa made an appearance one year too.

Over the years I switched to a big ribbon.

Last year I had a peacock up there.  My tree is pink with shades of aqua, pink, and purple ornaments.

Respected Contributor

Last Christmas, an Angel. I have had stars too. Need a new tree for 2018.

HtoTBlack copy,jpg.jpg

Super Contributor

I have used a lighted angel as our topper for quite a few years.  i like the brightness on the top of the tree.  Growing up, my Mom used glass finial-type toppers.  They did not light up but were very pretty.  The tree is my favorite decoration so I like to take my time and get is just right.