Contributor

Transparency & honesty with customers

I wish QVC would specify in the description online what country items are “imported” from & have transparency so customers can make an informed decision. It is stamped on every item and we find out anyway.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Transparency & honesty with customers

No, people assume where an item  made.

the fact is, the same item can be made in several different countries, so, it says "Imported" .

Or, an item can have many parts that come from different countries, so again, it says "Imported".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

QVC just put on the air an American flag that they said they were offering it at a special price and it wasn't even made in the USA.  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Catastrophe wrote:

QVC just put on the air an American flag that they said they were offering it at a special price and it wasn't even made in the USA.  No thanks.

@Catastrophe- I wondered where it was made, when I saw it being aired.  I bought my flag many years ago and I made sure it was made here in the U.S.A.; I waited to get it from a specific company.

I know not everything is going to be made here, but I draw the line at buying an American flag made anywhere else.

Trusted Contributor

I assume most clothing items are imported unless the host or vendor specifies it is made in the USA. Susan Graver always makes a point of letting us know if one of her items is made in America. I don't understand why the item's origin is a reason to purchase or not. The location of the manufacturer is likely tied to providing us the lowest possible price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ramineh wrote:
I wish QVC would specify in the description online what country items are “imported” from & have transparency so customers can make an informed decision. It is stamped on every item and we find out anyway.

With clothing particularly this could be very difficult.  For example Q orders 100,000 of blouse A from company B in 8 colors and 8 sizes.  Company B  may have each size and color manufactured in a different country--China, Indonesia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.

I recently received pants I ordered (not from Q) in three different colors.  Same pant, same size, same item number but two colors were manufactured in Indonesia.  The third color was manufactured in India.  The listing did not differentiate; it simply said imported.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Long ago I got the same D&C pants in three washes.  Boy were they  different.  The fit, fabric and length.

They use the generic imported because they come from different places.

You can see in B&M too, same jean, different wash, different fit.