Trusted Contributor

It was a little over the top for me.  The designer that did the MIL room was terrible.  Who could sleep in that room after what she did.  Do they do the room over if you don't like it?  Hope so. 

Super Contributor

I watched it ,but I won't watch it again if Hildy is on.  Her design in the guest room was just too weird. 

Do you remember the room she did with straw on the walls.  Awful!

Respected Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

I watched it ,but I won't watch it again if Hildy is on.  Her design in the guest room was just too weird. 

I was sorry to see that Hildy is part of the team this time.  I didn't see the eposode with the straw but the bathroom with all the flowers was not for me.  I have never once seen a room she decorated that I would be pleased with.   Doug as well.

Esteemed Contributor

In the old days it was just too bad if the homeowner didn't like it.  The show didn't pay for it.

I remember past episodes where furniture was attached to the ceiling, feathers, flowers, records, straw, and other ridiculous items were either stapled or glued to the walls.  To me, that was destructive!  I also remember a show where dirt was brought inside the house!!!!

Supposedly when the contracts are signed, the homeowner gives full control over to the designer.  Not for me!!!

Honored Contributor

I watched only the first hour - the reunion.  I loved it!  What a blast from the past!  I'm looking forward to watching the rest when DH is not around to make cheesy comments.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I watched the reunion portion, that was enjoyable enough.  Watched the first episode also to see what if anything might be different.  Was hoping they might step it up a little and add some design to the redesigns.....but they didn't.  I most definitely would not let them do anything in my home!  I could do a better job with $2000.  I always thought for the most part, the rooms always looked like sitcom sets or something, not like anything was intended for the homeowner to actually "live" with.

That being said, I do think the carpenters have created some nice things.

I think it's time has passed.  Not everything needs to be revisited.  

Respected Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

Oh yea .. I remember that one .....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

What surprised me was how many designers that later appeared in their own shows were on Trading Spaces.  

I especially liked Genevieve Gorder also ... I believe she lives in NYC now.