Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone watch last night?  Thoughts????

We watched years ago;  Doug and Hilde were pretty outrageous then too.  I always like the way Laurie used beautiful fabrics and textures in her designs.  Moving forward, I just wonder how this concept will play out.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it last night and I'm watching it now.  It brings back such good memories for me, of a time when I had the energy and ambition to tackle home projects.  Like my DH frequently says, "Have you seen my gumption? I seem to have lost it."

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I think I maybe have been in the minority, but I always thought that the designers lacked true talent. They relied on shock value. It was fun to watch what they came up with each week. I would not let any of them within a hundred feet of my home.

I did watch last night to see if they were going to come up with legitimate designs.  We shall see.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny

It was outrageous.. that was the fun of it.  I wouldn't let them do my home, either, but it was fun to watch.  I remember one of them plastering the walls with hay!  Yikes!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

It was fun to watch because we didn't have tons of design shows then.  I liked the way some designers were able to do a lot with a little money.

For me, I wouldn't want Doug or Hilde anywhere near my home.  I still remember shows with flower heads or old records stapled to the walls.  The use of the eggs last night was pretty disgusting to me.  The idea of the Murphy bed was good, but, the rest of that room was awful!!!

Respected Contributor

My favorite designer on Trading Spaces was always Genevieve Gorder.  I always liked her designs and they were never too "out there" in my opinion.  I hope she returns to the show! 

I watched last night and didn't like Hildy's design.  Just too busy and too bold for such a small room.  Doug's room looked very tranquil. 

Honored Contributor

Sad to say I found it boring and pretty uninspiring and there was an ego arrogance from some of them that didn't seem to be part of the original series.  I too wouldn't let them within 50 feet of my home..... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I recorded it last night and I'm watching it now.  It brings back such good memories for me, of a time when I had the energy and ambition to tackle home projects.  Like my DH frequently says, "Have you seen my gumption? I seem to have lost it."

I hear you! Back then,I'd think nothing of digging in and painting a room,moving the furniture for a new look,did it all the time. I think my gumption ran away with your husband's. 😀

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I hear you! Back then,I'd think nothing of digging in and painting a room,moving the furniture for a new look,did it all the time. I think my gumption ran away with your husband's. 😀

@MoJoV  I hope they're happy together!

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

I always loved this show, but not designers that are so egotical and selfish  to just do whatever; they wanted to design. Love the new twist and the cast.