Respected Contributor

For me Trader Joe's is a store to supplement my weekly shopping, but not a necessary destination. I find their prices are much higher on produce and beverages than other stores in my area, I'm not a fan of packaged meat and prepackaged baked goods. So I don't even look at those.

I think Kringles can give you sugar shock. 

I like their small floral department and think it's very reasonably priced. 

May of their products are one and done. Try it but won't buy again. Then they have some items I buy time and time again. Maple nut cereal, key lime pie, Belgium waffles, pizza dough and sauce. But you have to watch their expiration dates on some items. Not much lead time. To me it really is a trial and error experience.

I do like some of the holiday novelty items. Some with cute packaging making cute stocking stuffer gifts.

Super Contributor
I love Trader Joe’s. I go there for flowers and wine because you can’t beat the variety and price. They have undoubtedly the best Moscato wine at $4.99/bottle. Bouquets of flowers under $8. And as someone pointed out they have really neat desserts that are seasonal and a ton of different healthy snacks. (Love the Dill pickle popcorn.) I could go on and on.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s

[ Edited ]

Funny how we're different. Dill pickle popcorn. One bite and I threw it right in the trash.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never seen the appeal in Trader Joe's...

They sell brands I've never heard of.  There is one not far from me, but I don't go in there.  Nothing for me in there.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I enjoy TJ's. It's a great supermarket. Their mushroom risotto and asparagus risotto are delicious. Uncured Apple smoked bacon, Cowboy Cavier for their unsalted Tortilla Chips...on the money. Frozen mashed potatoes; they come in coin shaped pieces and are really tasty. 
They have a nice assortment of teas and don't get me started with their candy and goodies;  peanut butter cups, Scandinavian Swimmers, espresso brownies...wow! 
I hate when food that I love is only seasonal or discontinued.

You either love the place, or you don't. I do. My sister doesn't.

Super Contributor
@Dusty1, I was about to warn everyone about the Kringle! So very dangerous, especially for a single person. Sure, I could freeze it….They keep moving it around my store, and I am trying to ignore that I know where it is. It will be more difficult the closer we get to the holidays. Delicious stuff. They have the best salsa and the best frozen shrimp (for my spoiled cat), too. And I love their frozen onion soup, makes a great low cal dinner.
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Now I have found I need to go back to return a carton of chicken stock and when I removed the plastic screw top the foil underneath the cap was broken.   I probably won't bother.

@rms1954   The cap breaks the foil when you remove the cap.   It is how it is designed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

We enjoy shopping at TJ's.  It isn't our full grocery shopping but there are items we enjoy so we stop in once a week.

I have never seen anything priced higher over our local grocery chain and TJ's is lower than Whole Foods, esp. with organics.

You just have to know your prices and make the decision but overall if you need something different from appetizers to beauty items to household goods TJ' has a good inventory.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@catwoman48 And, after your low cal dinner....KRINGLE!

Respected Contributor

I've only found one item at Trader Joe's that wasn't good.  The pretzel bagels, yuck.

Everyone else is really good.  I don't get fresh meat and some of the frozen meat, it's too expensive vs. other stores.  The vegetable fried rice and pot stickers are great, and I pick them up almost every time I'm there.

Hmm, maybe i need to go there again today.....

......You look like I need a drink.....