Honored Contributor

Trader Joe’s shoppers- gift idea

I’ve been to Trader Joe’s probably six times in my life. 

I was on a Facebook page last week, a large group of women in my immediate area, and someone asked if an item was in stock at Trader Joe’s yet. People responded to her that yes, they were in stock. 

So, of course, off I went to Trader Joes to take a look. 

What they were talking about was a cutting/cheese board that Trader Joe’s sells at holiday time, made from olive wood. 

I found them in the store in a display of seasonal items. They also had small Olive wood bowls. Like salsa at the Mexican restaurant sized bowls. Anyway, the cutting boards are really, really pretty. I went through all of them as, of course, they’re all different since they’re natural wood. I picked out three and bought them. They’re only $11 each. 

Put a wedge of cheese with it and a pack of crackers and you have a gift. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s shoppers- gift idea

I love TJ's and go there every Friday.  I'll check out their "seasonal" items.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave their Rainbow of Honey last year as gifts and it was well received.  I think there are six different kinds of honey from different countries.  They were just putting out the seasonal stuff when I was there earlier in the week. I do love Trader Joe's.  

Honey pic.PNG

Respected Contributor

Oh, how I long to have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods close.  I would be there frequently. The nearest one is 30 miles away, and not a pleasant drive.

Respected Contributor

They also carry some nice sets of small body butters and hand creams for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

I was there today and wish I had known.  I love wooden bowls, use them for lots of purposes.  I'll take a look.  TJ's sells out of these type of holiday items quickly.  Thanks.

@gidgetgh wrote:

I’ve been to Trader Joe’s probably six times in my life. 

I was on a Facebook page last week, a large group of women in my immediate area, and someone asked if an item was in stock at Trader Joe’s yet. People responded to her that yes, they were in stock. 

So, of course, off I went to Trader Joes to take a look. 

What they were talking about was a cutting/cheese board that Trader Joe’s sells at holiday time, made from olive wood. 

I found them in the store in a display of seasonal items. They also had small Olive wood bowls. Like salsa at the Mexican restaurant sized bowls. Anyway, the cutting boards are really, really pretty. I went through all of them as, of course, they’re all different since they’re natural wood. I picked out three and bought them. They’re only $11 each. 

Put a wedge of cheese with it and a pack of crackers and you have a gift. 

Respected Contributor

I saw the bowls there but not the cheese board. I’m sure they are sold out at my store. Not sure what I’d do with the bowl so I passed 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I've read on chat boards that TJ's brand of peppermint oreo cookies that are out at holiday time are really delicious and reasonably priced (they come in a cardboard box, not like oreos are packaged).  

Sorry to mention this gidgetgh, since I know you've lost a whole bunch of weight.   

Hmmmm now I want to go out and buy a box when I check out the cheese boards!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny wrote:

Oh, how I long to have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods close.  I would be there frequently. The nearest one is 30 miles away, and not a pleasant drive.

I have a TJ and WF near work.  I often think as you do, wish they were closer to home than to work..Then I get my Amazon bill.  

I think they're at a distance to my benefit!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

Our Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are next door to each other.   Trader Joe's is always busy with all the check stands open and lines at each one - Whole Foods not so much!