Honored Contributor

I'm kind of mixed on my emotions/opinions of this. 

I see people spit and lets say, drain their sinuses on sidewalks and parking lots all the time, and sometimes 'relieve themselves' in public places too, and people don't seem to be too excited about it (I find it beyond gross).

At least with this, they were tending to their health and hygiene. Could be worse. I would have thought they could at least gone to the outer most area of the lot, to not be so conspicuous.

Honored Contributor

Drythe

I used the words all over the place not meaning homeless people at all.  But after reading your response I could see how my comment might be read that way and I meant no offense against those who are homeless. That isn't me at all.

Sorry for not making myself clearer.

Respected Contributor

It grosses me out to watch people in a movie brush their teeth.

I don't see the need for it! Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

See this all summer long at the beach...not a big thing. It's usually young folks who only come for day trip...park at the beach all day and quickly rinse off at public shower and brush their teeth before hanging out on boardwalk...

Because it's inappropriate for board discussion, some of the things we have seen that happen right across the street at the condos on outside balconies are truly questionable...like an xrated movie...teeth brushing-not so much

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

We do let people come in with shoes on. We had a home daycare and one time a dad dropped off his kids and he was barefoot. He had the dirtiest feet. My wife didn't say anything to him but she was totally grossed out. 

I always see my neighbors walking around barefoot outside.  And their feet are black on the bottoms sometimes.

Ironically, it wasn't until I had my children that I realized little ones literally live on the floor the first few years of their lives.  So no shoes rule started right then and there.

I won't walk a few steps outside because people always let their dog lift their legs or squat on the lawn.  Funny how dog walkers rush out their door and off their property to let their dogs go elsewhere.  But never their property!

Esteemed Contributor

Two grown men brushing their teeth and spitting onto the ground in a public parking area is just plain gross.  Obviously those two have no manners or knowledge of right or wrong.  I just hope the area was dry before anyone else parked there.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Two grown men brushing their teeth and spitting onto the ground in a public parking area is just plain gross.  Obviously those two have no manners or knowledge of right or wrong.  I just hope the area was dry before anyone else parked there.

@Lindsays Grandma 

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe these two people were homeless and were living out of their vehicle?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

If there was no where to go to brush their teeth (probably purchased toothbrush and toothpaste at the Dollar Store) wouldn't it be better if they spit it out in the little islands in the parking lot that usually have a tree or shrubs (surrounded by a curb) where there is dirt to absorb it?  Or spit into the bag, and then dispose of the bag in the trash?

To just spit it out where it would leave the area wet or slippery for the next person who parks in the space isn't being very considerate (IMO).

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma 

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe these two people were homeless and were living out of their vehicle?

@Anonymous032819 ...Since many of the other posters also mentioned how uncouth it was to brush and spit where they did, am I to believe you took the time to admonish every single one of them?  Or did you decide to just pick me? 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma 

@Anonymous032819 ...Since many of the other posters also mentioned how uncouth it was to brush and spit where they did, am I to believe you took the time to admonish every single one of them?  Or did you decide to just pick me? 

@Lindsays Grandma 

And was not the only one to point out that these two people may have been homeless and living out of their vehicle. Am I to believe you took the time to admonish every single one of them? Or did you decide to pick on me?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.