Trusted Contributor

Well, I love mine. Have had it for almost 20 years. Used it off and on the first few but in the last 10 or so I’ve been consistent. Still do some free weights, floor exercises, stretching and also walk every other morning.

Man, if I didn’t do that I’d be a real roly poly. It's gotten to be a real habit so easier to do it than not.

i do understand about not wanting to exercise. There are mornings I don’t wanna but a habit is a habit.

Honored Contributor

@nana59,

My friend, we are complete opposites. When I am healthy, which I have been now for going on 18 months, I can't get "unmotivated" to working out. Do some sort of workout every day of the week. There is no feeling that compares to me being healthy and very physically fit, just ain't one!

Everything I do in my daily life is easier, both physically and mentally. While I may be chronologically old, physiologically, sociologically, and psychologically, I am still a much younger man.

Yes, all from never losing my motivation, even through many very serious times. I love "using it" while I am still able, and don't ever want to be a person that says: "If only I would have yada, yada, yada"!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut: John, I so agree with you. I never exercised growing up. No sports. Just never thought of it. 

My husband and I have been married 45 years and when we met he was a runner and worked out with weights besides being drop dead gorgeous. Women's heads would turn when he walked by.

I took up running because of vanity. He was much prettier than me and I could see the future if I didn’t do something. He never pushed me or made me feel like I was out of shape. I wasn't at that time.

ran for a year but hated it it. Not me. Not built for running. Bought a stationary bike which I used for quite a while but got tired of that. Got a rowing machine. Nope, hated it.

Bought a treadmill. Used it half heartedly for over a year but hated it. Pilates machine. It was ok but still didn't feel right.

Finally found the sweet spot with the Total Gym but as I said, still not consistent enough, no way was I going to get rid of it though.

Years progressed and I am now 73 so it's been a necessity to keep the muscles and bones strong going into older age. My bone scan says I’ve got the bones of a 24 year old! I was so pleasantly surprised. 

About a month ago while walking the dog early morning I was watching some bats flying around feeding and caught the toe of my shoe on uneven asphalt and down I went on my right hip. Bounced up and no after injury. THAT'S now why I continue. Mother had awful osteoporosis so no desire to have that happen.

Husband still works out faithfully and consistently. 

Regarding the total gym, if I ever would have had to pull it out and fold it up after every use, I never would have continued. That sucker is HEAVY!!