Contributor

Topcashback declining QVC Purchses

Has anyone else had problems with Topcashback declining purchases from QVC?

It seems that most of my purchases get declined. It says QVC has declined the purchase, but that never happens with other rebate sites, only Topcashback.

I understand if the item is sent back, cancelled, or some other issue occurs where the order is tampered with, but most products that I order, are shipped immediately, and I keep are regularly declined.

Curious about others' experiences.

Honored Contributor

Re: Topcashback declining QVC Purchses

Doesn't QVC have to have a contract with each of these cashback sites?  Do they have one with this company?

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

Has anyone else had problems with Topcashback declining purchases from QVC?

It seems that most of my purchases get declined. It says QVC has declined the purchase, but that never happens with other rebate sites, only Topcashback.

I understand if the item is sent back, cancelled, or some other issue occurs where the order is tampered with, but most products that I order, are shipped immediately, and I keep are regularly declined.

Curious about others' experiences.

@H2OSkiGirl  I have this issue like you  with the merchant Vitacost.  I have had several hundreds of dollars in rebates refused lately. I have pretty much just stopped going through topcashback with my purchases with Vitacost....they say Vitacost declined but ai wonder if they are the ones declining.  I am very careful never to click off the site.... makes me wonder....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently had TCB decline a Vitacost purchase. I wrote a nasty note to TCB defending my purchase, they knew they had no leg to stand on, that money was mine, and they gave it to me. They will have to argue it out with Vitacost.  I have another issue going on now with RetailMeNot and Vitacost, RMN says on May 8 when it is 45 days, they will credit me.  I have been at this rebate game for 15 years and I know when the money is mine and when there could be an issue. One thing with Vitacvost, if you use a coupon code, make sure the code is posted on the rebate site. I cant comment on the Q, I dont order from them anymore. I can tell you I have no issues with HSN and my rebates. And with HSN I use a lot of coupon codes not posted. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Problems here, too, with vitacost and topcashback.  I'm going to contact them today.

ETA:  I saw where you can file a claim for this exact situation and did so.  If they don't honor the rebate, I won't use them again for Vitacost.  It's my least favorite cash rebate site, but I can't resist the bigger percentages.  I also did one of their surveys a few months ago and won $50!

I've had problems with other rebate sites, too.  Rakuten always has issues with Kohl's, and they have to issue a manual rebate.  I don't use Rakuten for Kohl's any longer.  I have had problems with Mr. Rebates and QVC.  I have to request a rebate and log in all sorts of info after a certain amount of days, but they have always given it to me.  That hasn't happened in quite a while.

Honored Contributor

I've used Mr. Rebates exclusively for close to 15 years and have never had a purchase declined.  My rebate arrives the first day of every month like clockwork.  They are like a well-oiled machine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My only issue with Mr Rebates is that usually their percentage rate is slim to none, TCB can be as much as 2 or 3 times their rate. I use 6 different sites, and always go with the highest one. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any problems in the five years I've used it except for once at Amazon but I contacted TCB through their website or app and they fixed it for me within the day. 
I'm sure they'll take care of you if you contact them or at least let you know why it was declined. 

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl 

Please contact TCB and find out what's going on.  Their CS people are very good, in my experience.

A while back I made an online purchase with Walmart, and it went through.  Down the road, before payment, Walmart declined the purchase rebate.   TCB customer service verified Walmart's action and told me why.

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle  .....which 5 sites do you use?  I only started using these types of sites recently and I only know of TopCashback and Mr. Rebates.

Smiley Happy