Honored Contributor

Too Little or Not Enough? More or Less?

When you are thinking about home decor, are you most likely to go too little or not enough?  More or less?

Me?  Now?  LESS!!!!  MUCH less!  Woman Very Happy  I can't stand clutter now and in the 90's I had clutter!  I don't do seasonal now (except the Christmas tree and pumpkins on the porch) and haven't in a long time.

Food:  I tend to do more.  Don't want empty plates and sad eyes around the table!  

Clothing:  More.  I have outfits ready for things that might or might not happen!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too Little or Not Enough? More or Less?

LESS of everything!!

Respected Contributor

I've also decided to decrease my home decor.  Many things I've donated or just put away for now.  I have so many flameless candles and just stopped using them because of having to purchase so many batteries.  

Like the op, I've also stopped with the seasonal decorating except for Christmas.  I think a lot of it is just not having the energy to bring everything down from the shed for just a short time and then having to haul it back up.  

I've cut down on my food preparation also.  There's just the two of us and neither of us need to eat a whole lot.  We're happier with smaller meals.  

I've never been a big fashionista.  I have more clothes than I need but most of them are just simple items.  I tend to wear jeans and tee shirts most of the time.  

Honored Contributor

Less is more! There's a point where you should stop.  After many years, you learn where that point is. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Too little or less, it's easier to keep clean.

Honored Contributor

In this house:

home decor = as little as possible.

seasonal decor = garden flags.  

Christmas decor = big lighted wreath and lights on front porch, very few decorations inside.  

Food = the main expectation of the 4 adults in this house is that we eat well.  I cook whatever it takes to make my family happy.

Clothing = basic, comfortable, simple.   I HATE spending money on clothes!   I buy only what I need to cover my ***, and nothing more.  I am confident I have less clothing than any other poster here.  

Honored Contributor

Less, but with that said:

Decor- decorate for all seasons but my storage boxes fit in our entry closet. Two artificial Christmas trees and ornaments are stored in basement.

Kitchen - took a lot of cookware, glassware and small appliances to Goodwill two years ago. We don't have a pantry so, while I stock up on food, it fits in two upper cabinets and a 5 cu. ft. freezer.

Clothing - got rid of half my work clothes when I took early retirement. It easily fits in my eight foot closet.

Honored Contributor

I would like less, but, get overwhelmed with the process of deciding to part with STUFF. So I keep putting it off.

Honored Contributor

I do not care about decor - just practicality!  Doesn' even really have to match!

Honored Contributor

Less of everything.

But I do like to have enough supplies. I hate the feeling of running out of important items  like coffee pods and hand soap.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr