Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  You're very welcome, Enuffstuff Smiley Very HappyHeart!  I love yor ttention to detail in making your Toni creations, so its really fun as a viewer to see all of the lovely details in your artwork Smiley Happy!  Ooh a 4th of July Toni creation? I'm excited!! Smiley Very HappyHeart  This month has gone by so quickly- just the other day felt like early June and now we're less than a week away from the beginning of July.  The summer months are my favorite months for making lemonade, cold salads and marinated grilled meat. How's your "frisky girl" cat doing?Smiley Very Happy  Katie is her name, right? All the best to you, Enuffstuff! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@on the bay   Thank you very much. I'm glad that you enjoy seeing Toni in her little frocks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Toni in Summer Theatre

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07    Your Summer culinary creations sound so yummy. I love salads and cold foods in the hot weather.

My "meat and potatoes" husband could eat a turkey or roast beef dinner on a hot day. It's not happening.

My son and I love salads and my husband doesn't eat them.

He only eats cooked vegetables. He will eat potato salad.

Last night, it was not too hot to cook and I made blueberry pancakes. I have a great blueberry pancake recipe and a recipe

for a very easy delicious blueberry sauce. The sauce is also great on vanilla ice cream.

He has to have his meat, so I cooked some bacon on a rack in a baking pan, in the oven. No frying or greasy stove top mess.

He will grill meats occasionally. I'll pick up some steaks, if I find some on sale. His grilled pork chops are very good too.

Friday night, we are going out to a nice restaurant for our anniversary, 32 years. I got a pretty purple dress from J.Jill

and I may wear that with amethyst jewelry.

Katie has been enjoying the warmer weather, with the front door open. I put her cat tree in front of the screen door each

morning, so she can watch the bird and squirrel show.

Every morning , I fill the three birdbaths with fresh water and

put out birdseed and peanuts for the squirrels and chipmunks.

Watching them entertains Katie for hours. She gets so excited, when one of her critters comes up on the porch to see her.

Then she falls asleep in the little bed on top of the cat tree. She loves taking her cat naps there.

But , on days like today, by noon when it is getting hotter with high humidity, I have to close the door. Then she sleeps on the living room rug, staying cool in the AC.

Tonight, after sunset, I'll open the door again, so she can look

outside. I tell her that her birds and squirrels are gone to sleep.

As you can tell, we have very "exciting" days here.  Smiley Happy

Stay cool and enjoy your summer meals.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw   Thank you very much.

I'm glad that you enjoy seeing Toni

in my creations. The next posting will

be for the 4th of July.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Toni loves her red polka dot dress too.

She is so happy to be back at the Summer

Children's Theatre.

This is the first time that she will be portraying

Shirley Temple.

Last Summer , she was in the production of the

musical, "Annie".

Valued Contributor

@Enufstuff  I love the red poka dots!  Such beautiful details!

@lynnie61  we were born around the same time and I remember those dolls!   My sisters and I had the paper dolls I think they were  Dolly or Poly dolls. We would get them at the dime store.  

My daughter played with her dolls until she was 10 or11. Life was so wonderful in doll land.  

Respected Contributor

@2sisters   We also liked paper dolls.  I had Barbie, Liddle kiddles and That girl paper dolls.  And my grandma always cut out Betsy McCall, if you remember there was a page in every McCallls woman's magazine.  She mailed them monthly to me.  I loved those!  We only saw our grandparents once or twice a year.  We were in PA and they were in WI.

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61   My three girls had the Liddle Kiddles dolls too. My mother got some of them for the girls.

They also had Kologne Kiddles in the perfume bottles and the ones in the little space ships. They were all so cute.

My grandmother got McCall's magazine and my cousin and I would cut out the Betsy McCall paper dolls. I had two Betsy McCall 8" dolls. That was so sweet of your grandmother to send the paper dolls to you. We visited our grandmother every Saturday and all the cousins and aunts had lunch there,

every week.

When I turned 10, my mother made me a birthday cake

with a Betsy McCall doll in the middle of the cake. She decorated the cake to look like a dress on the doll.

Back then, simple things made us happy.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff   I had a kologne kiddle and also a Liddle kiddle in a locket.  I also had a Liddle kiddle tracing board.  So fun!  

I love that your mom made you a birthday cake with Betsy!  You are right.  Life was simple and we were thrilled with simple things like a paper doll from a magazine!  I would love to wait for that letter.  

Honored Contributor

Love it!   Just beautiful work!  I have that dress on an old Ginny doll.