Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Washington Post- Women feared reprisals reporting allegations against...

Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw. NBC faces skepticism in remedying harassment. 

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't know what to even think any longer ..Were the women afraid they wouldn't be believed ,and  so they didn't report this at the time?

My young daughter was harrassed, and she went to an attorney decades ago, and won her case..

Honored Contributor

My daughter was 19 at the time. She had never been subjected to this type of behavior before

She wasn't anyone that was influential at all. She told the truth, and the plant folded because of this. There was a lot of things they did, that were unethical ,to many people

She had our backing, and  lived at home, so she knew she was safe. She had to change jobs because of it.  

Frequent Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Washington Post- Women feared reprisals reporting allegations against...

Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw. NBC faces skepticism in remedying harassment. 

Also:

4/26/18

Decrying 'Culture of Sexual Harassment at Fox News,' Judge Allows Case to Proceed

"A federal judge in New York City issued a decision on April 24 allowing a discrimination and retaliation lawsuit to go forward on behalf of a former guest commentator against Fox News"

law.com/thelegalintelligencer/2018/04/26/decrying-culture-of-sexual-harassment-at-fox-judge-allows-case-to-proceed/?slreturn=20180327060417

It's pervasive and disgusting.

Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I've heard of "casting couches" for years. If a young, pretty actress wanted a part in a movie, she was expected to "pay" for the privilege. I've also heard of the idea that a woman had to "sleep" her way up the ladder of success. It's nothing new. What is new is that women are fighting back. It's long overdue. If you told someone, you were out of that job, and you were "blacklisted" from getting another one. Now, so many are speaking up, they can't block everyone from working. 

Honored Contributor

Speak up when it happens. To join the bandwagon twenty years later doesn't seem all that courageous to me. Be a hero and protect others from the damage right away.

Valued Contributor

I take w/a grain of salt accusing people of something that happened many, many years ago.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

Strength in numbers..correct speak up.. "metoo" movement opened the way for bringing attention to closet secret. Times are changing. This is hopeful.

Honored Contributor

No matter what the " rules " are if you see offenders getting away with bad behavior, why would you think anyone would believe you ? I worked in a hospital and doctors always got the benefit of the doubt. Often women who complained, would lose their jobs. I think it is different now, at least I hope so.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Sure hope little George Stepanopulus hasn't reason to worry