Honored Contributor

According to the link I posted:

"The anchor team at “Today” was set to be shaken up in a bombshell move — with Savannah Guthrie and Natalie Morales ousted — before top show executive Jamie Horowitz was dramatically fired.

Savannah was due to be replaced with Hoda Kotb, and Natalie Morales moved out for Tamron Hall or possibly Josh Elliott, who is expected to take a larger role at “Today” with a possibility that he could unseat Matt Lauer much further down the line. Lauer recently extended his $20 million-a-year deal through 2016.

But amid all the behind-the-scenes drama, Matt Lauer intervened after Guthrie, Morales and Willie Geist came to him with their concerns.

Lauer complained to NBC News President Deborah Turness — who, fearing a full-on “Today” anchor revolt, fired Horowitz on Monday.

Former ESPN exec Horowitz was hired by Turness and NBC Universal News Group Chairman Pat Fili-Krushel, who made an enormous effort to get him from ABC and tasked him with the job of making changes to turn around their ratings slide against their rival “GMA.”

Turness was fully aware of Horowitz’s plan to shake up the anchor roster on the show, sources said, but, “Once the talent complained, she sided with them,” and Horowitz was fired after 10 weeks on the job. Insiders said his direct approach had offended some show staffers, who feared for their jobs.

Us Weekly reported Wednesday that Morales and Geist have been fired, with Morales in talks with ABC and Geist with CBS. But insiders tell Page Six the pair have not been fired and are still with NBC, but had been expected to be moved into different roles under Horowitz’s plan.

NBC News President, Deborah Turness said in a statement, “NBC’s TODAY has the best anchor team in morning television. The entire TODAY show anchor team — Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Carson Daly, Tamron Hall, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb — are incredibly talented, valued and have our support. In response to the false rumors that have been circulated about our anchor team, NBC wants to be absolutely clear: The rumors are wrong — period. This is the team we are committed to. And this is the team that our viewers turn to in the morning.”"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I also just read that the rumor is totally false, and I'm happy for that! I like both of these two, and would probably switch if it had been true!

Honored Contributor

This is kind of funny to me because first Matt Lauer was rumored to be the reason Ann Curry lost her job and now the rumor is he's saving peoples' jobs.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/19/2014 colliemom3 said:
On 11/19/2014 brii said:

I saw that and was a little confused.

If they get rid of anyone, it should be Matt.

I agree.

I agree also. He skeeves me out.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Love Hoda and as competent as she is I don't think they would can her Savannah for her. I think she would have to do some time at the desk and do some more hard news first.

Natalie meh,she could go , Tamron love her

Trusted Contributor
Natalie is one of the best ones on there! If anyone goes it should be Tamron. She is silly, giggly and doesn't seem to fit in very well. I find her quite annoying. Natalie is smart, articulate and personable.
Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 brii said:

I saw that and was a little confused.

If they get rid of anyone, it should be Matt.

^This!

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 Lynneuk said: Natalie is one of the best ones on there! If anyone goes it should be Tamron. She is silly, giggly and doesn't seem to fit in very well. I find her quite annoying. Natalie is smart, articulate and personable.

ITA! While I like Tamron, she really grates on my nerves with her giddiness! Even my DH has mentioned that!

Respected Contributor
I'm waiting for Sam Champion to end up on Today if his WTC show fails due to low ratings. If that happens wonder if Al Roker will become displaced. Have not watched Today in years but do like Sam Champion, only not on TWC.
Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 Lynneuk said: Natalie is one of the best ones on there! If anyone goes it should be Tamron. She is silly, giggly and doesn't seem to fit in very well. I find her quite annoying. Natalie is smart, articulate and personable.

You saved me from posting my thoughts.

I TOTALLY agree!!