Esteemed Contributor

Today Doesn't Even Feel Like Thanksgiving

It just feels like any other day.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Today Doesn't Even Feel Like Thanksgiving

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

It just feels like any other day.

Yes, just a very odd feeling. Rain here, cloudy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I agree. I am solo today and decided to fix a rib-eye steak because I can! Smiley LOL But to keep it somewhat seasonal, I made mashed sweet potatoes and cranberry relish. I just was not in the mood to mess with a turkey. 

I miss my best friend's family. Even though I was invited this year, I am staying safe, warm, grateful, healthy, and well fed.

Nothing to whine about, next year will be better!

Honored Contributor

You miss your dad,i miss my husband,son ,dogs ,family life.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

It is just another day...nothing special.  We're under a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow, with the mountains being the most affected.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I'm grateful today that I had no complications yesterday from a knee arthroscopic surgery.  Our son and daughter are here from California to help us.  I bought Costco's turkey breast dinner, extra gravy and stuffing.  Made our son's favorite pie -- chocolate cream.  

Honored Contributor

For me, this is how a holiday during a pandemic feels.

Honored Contributor

I have a turkey cooking and a pumpkin pie in the fridge. It feels like Thanksgiving here.

Super low effort low stress no relatives visiting no travel Thanksgiving. I don't want to repeat this every year, but it's fine this year and I wouldn't mind this type of ultra low key holiday every so often. It's like a vacation, do whatever you want Thanksgiving.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Just the two of us and kitty today.  We ate in the DR with candles lit.  Cooked a little turkey breast with store-bought sides.  We did listen to some upbeat music, which really helped.  We did toast (he with his wine, me with my water) thanking we are not sick and mostly to a much better year ahead.  We are going to zoom with kids and GC later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What is Thanksgiving supposed to feel like?

I have my turkey in the oven with a maple bourbon glaze.  The house smells wonderful.  My daughter is just getting over Covid.  And my husband is isolating in the bedroom because he probably has it.  

Typical Thanksgiving?  No.  But it's Thanksgiving and life shall go on.  

And for the first time in many years, I have more things to be grateful for than in past years.  This year has really taught me a few life lessons.