Esteemed Contributor

Re: To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

@Rockycoast   DD just called from the grocery store asking WTH was wrong with people.  An older man walking across the parking lot in shorts.  

It is extremely cold here in NE PA right now even though the wind has died down.

The guy is a lot tougher than I am.

Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Bless your heart for taking such good care of these Kitties

Honored Contributor

NC mountains.

We were 23 degrees with stiff cold winds.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Rockycoast   DD just called from the grocery store asking WTH was wrong with people.  An older man walking across the parking lot in shorts.  

It is extremely cold here in NE PA right now even though the wind has died down.

The guy is a lot tougher than I am.

Yep, it is a thing here  @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  Last week a couple of high school guys were walking home in shorts.  Guys drive in their cars in the snow running errands in shorts and sandals.  The surfers are out year round.  If there are waves big enough they are out there in the ocean.  I was talking to a couple of them a few years ago.  They say they have to put their exposed faces in the water to warm up in the winter.  The water is warmer than the surrounding air. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I plan to only leave the house to drive to the mailbox to pick up the mail.  Too cold to walk the length of our driveway today.

Yup...me too! 

Rural upstate NY here, with a loooong driveway.

I usually walk up to get the mail, as it is good exercise, but skipped it yesterday as it was super windy with temps below zero.

So OF COURSE yesterday I received 6 - SIX -  packages from QVC stuffed into the box!

At my age, I don't need to consult anyone when spending my money, but 6 at once is an unusual occurance and I would have brought them in without advertizing their arrival...

DH brought them in after emptying the mailbox when he returned home after work & although he had no comment, his look said it all!

BTW...I really, really, really NEEDED all those clearance & lunchtime special items...lolololol

Respected Contributor

8 below overnight and we woke up to no water!   The well pump just ran and ran.  DH caught before it burned out.  Called the Plumber said sorry he has 3 other jobs going and to check the well pipe.

DH pushed off the cover and yep the well pipe had frozen over. It's the diameter of a 25 cent piece.

He used my blowdryer to melt the ice! Yay!!

I Just wanna to turn on the faucet and Get Water!! 

I Don't wanna know where it Comes From!!

Quiz: How Well Do You Actually Remember "Baby Boom"? - Quiz-Bliss.com