Respected Contributor

Re: To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

We have been iced in for four days...USPS has not delivered anything since Monday. No garbage pickup either The ice has been heavy and our garage door was frozen shut. We are so thankful we had no power loss. This morning the sun came out and helped...but Sat morning they forecast frozen fog...whatever that is. We have had sleet, frozen rain, wintry mix, amd now frozen fog. Everything but snow. Take care if you are in the path of this storm...it packed a wallop and we still have trees down so no walking for us even though I managed to get to a store for a few groceries, but lots of bare shelves. 

Valued Contributor

Woke up to -5 degrees this morning in CT. It's now a balmy 1 degree and sunny. I wouldn't go out today but I have a hair appointment at 1:30 this afternoon.  At least the wind died down. I was so frightened last night. I thought a tree was going to come down on the house.  Hurry up Sunday!  It's supposed to go back up to the 40s. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cold does not even begin to say what it is here in Maine ,woke up no heat ,the line in basement to tank was frozen, 18 below here, thank fully my son got the heat on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Woke up to -12 degrees this morning in Maine. "Feels Like" temp was -24 degrees.  No wearing shorts today!

Respected Contributor

Good Luck to all of you in the bone breaking cold! Be careful!

I was a Minnesotan for most of my life, about 5 years ago the thermometer registered -54  and that was without windchill. That did it for me and never again, we moved to a warmer moderate climate.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just checked the temps for where my son went in Vermont this weekend.  It went from -14 earlier to -8 right now!  I don't think I have EVER been anywhere that cold in my life! 

DS said he was staying in today and just walking from the car to indoors he could feel the inside of his nose freezing up.

Here in SE, PA it's up to 19 at noon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the summit of Mt. Washington in NH I believe the record setting wind chill temp on Friday was -109 degrees.  BRRRR!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   How kind of you to care for the strays like that.  Who cares what it looks like.  I often wonder how people in the colder climes manage getting animals outside to potty.  Clown car!  Very funny.  They must be very cozy in there.  And smart to stay in, not wander around freezing their tails off.

Respected Contributor

I'm in California but can report on friends in Maine.  -13 last night, then warmed up to -8 early morning.  They have the fireplace and pellet stove going.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue   We have been taking care of strays for mmany years.  We live in the country and am not sure where they all coe from but all are welcome for a meal and a place to sleep.

Our side porch has a roof, railing and a gate so that they are safe from our neighbor's any dogs that run wild and free.

Many cats have come and gone over the years. We have found homes for some, gotten the ones we can nab either spayed or neutered.