Esteemed Contributor

Re: To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

Thank you! It's freezing in New England right now with a wind that has been howling for 12 hours now. Tomorrow it's suppose to be absolutely bitter cold. It feels,like winter here for sure. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Mombo1   Our strays are all set too.  We made 2 shelters out of the huge Rubbermaid bins.  Lined with styrofoam sheet insulation and straw to sleep on.  The bins are set on insulation sheets and we covered both houses with heavy plastic sheeting and cut a hole big enough for them to go in.

It doesn't look great but they like it.  When it was brutally cold at Christmas DD went out to feed them.  She said all 7 came out of the "igloo", it was like a clown car. They ate and went back in.

There is a park behind our local hospital. Sadly, some people decided it was a good place to leave cats. A group did alot of work to catch, neuter and release the cats. And one woman faithfully goes out and feeds the cats everyday.

Not sure if it was her or the cat rescue group but they made "houses" out of the plastic tubs that cat litter comes in. 

Sadly, our dog passed away and we no longer take walks in that park anymore. So I don't have any updates of all the work that they are up to and I don't get to chat with them. 

So impressed with their work and effort to help the forgotten cats.

Valued Contributor

It's just about 4:30 pm Friday..It is -3 and going down from there.

Remember to let your cold   water drip slightly in one sink( don't block the drain) so the pipes won't freeze.

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday only 33 in VA, 16 at night, My Camellias and daffodils are blooming! 🙁

Honored Contributor

It's pretty cold here in SE PA! 

My son though is on his way to Vermont for the weekend with some friends.  Temps with wind chill is supposed to go down to 22 below!  He plans on staying in and hanging out but some of his friends plan on skiing.  I wonder if they close the slopes when it's so cold.  It could be dangerous!

Esteemed Contributor

It's currently 10 degrees at 5:00 p.m. here in Chicago ...

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

It's currently 10 degrees at 5:00 p.m. here in Chicago ...

Hi @SoX, I'm in a heatwave at 13 degrees. Stay warm.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Backatcha @JaneMarple Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The Cape winds are blowing like crazy, the wind chill is going to be really bad overnight. 

@JaneMarple is that Cape Cod? I ask because I'm reading a mystery that has Cape Cod as the setting. Maddie Day is the author.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The Cape winds are blowing like crazy, the wind chill is going to be really bad overnight. 

@JaneMarple is that Cape Cod? I ask because I'm reading a mystery that has Cape Cod as the setting. Maddie Day is the author.

Yes @AuntG it is. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson