Honored Contributor

Re: To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

This arctic blast won't last long. It's 17 now. Tomorrow it will be 0. Needless to say, I'll be in all weekend. On the other hand, it's bright and sunny and there is no snow in the forecast.  I'm grateful for that.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Mombo1   Our strays are all set too.  We made 2 shelters out of the huge Rubbermaid bins.  Lined with styrofoam sheet insulation and straw to sleep on.  The bins are set on insulation sheets and we covered both houses with heavy plastic sheeting and cut a hole big enough for them to go in.

It doesn't look great but they like it.  When it was brutally cold at Christmas DD went out to feed them.  She said all 7 came out of the "igloo", it was like a clown car. They ate and went back in.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   The clown car....funny.  😄. My neighbor has really done a nice job for our kitties.  Your set up sounds a lot like theirs... They actually keep the shelter up most of the year.  When it is sunny... the cats sit on the roof and nap.  They are living a good life.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Count your blessings, as cold as it may be, you still have it better than those in the South who had BOTH  the cold and freezing rain.  They couldn't even leave their home except at great risk.  Some of my friends in Texas have kids that went to schools that were closed for four days until today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

• Stay Warm With Hat And Cup Png Sublimation Design Stay Warm image 1
Honored Contributor

The weather is crazy.  It was somewhat mild yesterday until the sun went down.  Right now, it's 14*F.  Tomorrow thru next Friday, we're supposed to see 40's and low 50's. 🤷‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

Looking at 7 degrees tonight.  Brrrrr

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Bless you for taking care of those sweet kitties!  Thank you!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We are in the path in RI too, it's literally freezing out now and will be worse tonight and tomorrow with the wind chill.  DH and I are going to brave it to go for an early dinner locally.  Then we're home for the duration!   Stay safe, stay warm.

Honored Contributor

The Cape winds are blowing like crazy, the wind chill is going to be really bad overnight. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

What a nippy walk that was!! But as usual, I was putting down my hood and loosening my scarf on the way back.

Hot chocolate is awaiting my DH; I'm having hot tea.

I wish we would get our quota of snow, though. I can't bear the thought of snow in March or April!