Esteemed Contributor

To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

be careful and stay safe. Check on the elderly.  Check on animals too.

Thankfully this blast is to be brief, today and Saturday.  Sunday here in NE PA is to be in the 40s.  My furnace will be very happy.

Respected Contributor

Re: To Those In The Path Of Frigid Cold...........

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Thankfully this blast is to be brief, today and Saturday.  Sunday here in NE PA is to be in the 40s.  My furnace will be very happy.

Good reminders. ❤️

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Thank u for the post.. nyc suburb here .. it’s currently 20 now and going down to 5 w/ fierce winds. A bit scary. Stay safe + warm !!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe it is the same storm that just left us here in Texas.  But we were not that cold, from what I heard this morning it is going to be bad in the East.  Our Texas County as been declared a "disaster" for all the trees down and power outages.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Thankfully, ours is a one day co!d blast. High today is 4, but by Saturday, it will be 30. Right now it is minus 2.

Honored Contributor

I plan to only leave the house to drive to the mailbox to pick up the mail.  Too cold to walk the length of our driveway today.

Esteemed Contributor

Baby it's cold outside!Woman Very Happy

Fourteen degrees here in Millbury MA, not reflecting the windchill!  Plan on staying inside today.  Brody is getting cabinfever:  he loves to be outside and it seems the cold doesn't affect hm (long-haired german shepherd). however I won't him stay out more than ten minutes.

I'm ready for Spring!  Hope everybody stays safe and warm.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Same here...also in NE PA.  The wind is really bad today.  My neighbors built a little "house" for the stray cats that visit us daily.  It is on their porch...out of the weather...filled with blankets and food.  So they should be fine.  
Looking forward to Sunday and warmer temperatures.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1   Our strays are all set too.  We made 2 shelters out of the huge Rubbermaid bins.  Lined with styrofoam sheet insulation and straw to sleep on.  The bins are set on insulation sheets and we covered both houses with heavy plastic sheeting and cut a hole big enough for them to go in.

It doesn't look great but they like it.  When it was brutally cold at Christmas DD went out to feed them.  She said all 7 came out of the "igloo", it was like a clown car. They ate and went back in.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Presently 22 here on The Cape, going down to -5 tonight and the high tomorrow will be 15, then back up to the 40's on Sunday.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson