Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Gosh @Cakers3  wasn't she lucky? She hit a bonanza, just what her greedy heart desired

@cherry   I believe the airline has been working with her on some type of settlement.

I see this as the action happened and may or may not have caused further harm.

However, the airline could not have foreseen that this man would be hitting the seat.

Therefore, from what I read he did stop at some point, the airline did not see this as a cause to land and remove him from the plane.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ my husband flew a red-eye back from Zurich with almost the same situation.  Said the mom did nothing to stop the child and his seat wasn't reclined.  Asked flight attendant to move him but flight was full.. He was not a happy camper with said incident.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

I don't know about enraged but she sure has dollar signs in her eyes.  

Honored Contributor

I had heard that he asked her if she would refrain from reclining the seat until after he finished eating.   According to this, she did so and then when she reclined it after that he started back up with hitting the seat.

I don't know all the facts here but, like the rest of it, this is what I heard yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Re: To Recline Or Not?

[ Edited ]

Her video doesn't really match what she is claiming.  She is smiling and seems to be taking great pleasure in filming him tapping her seat with the back of his fingers.

I see no violence or punching and she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

He asked her to not recline and she complied for about 10 minutes, then pushed her seat back again.  I am sure the police, the FBI and law enforcement will think she is a nut.

She is making herself appear foolish and entitled.  I think she is looking for a big payday.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Cakers3  as far as him being a jackhole, you know the old saying ,it takes one to know one, and a bigger one to find one...they deseve each other

@cherry   She is just so angry nobody slapped his wrist; I hope she suffered no futher harm but I just don't know what this woman wants??

The airline simply could not have foreseen this happening; and once he stopped I don't know what else the attendant was supposed to do.

How many folks have flown with a child kicking a seat? Would she call the FBI on them too?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Sure you knw what she wants. and so do I. Attention and money,arent you glad she isn't your neighbor? I am @Cakers3 

Honored Contributor

On an overseas flight my son got set next to a small child( old enough to know better) that nudged him each time he dozed off. He solved it ,by playing cards with the kid. He was really a nice boy, just bored and lonely ,with parents that paid no attention to him

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Did you read ALL of my post?  She did raise her seat for awhile...in other words she gave the @$$ What he wanted...

Then she later reclined.  Where does it say she must inconvenience herself the entire time just so he can be happy?

Its thoughts like that thatve made this country so messed up.  In other words the loudest mouth wins?

Sorry, not in my world!  If it’s so important to him to not have someone recline either don’t fly or find another way to get where he’s going.

My late husband flew a lot.  He always had a particular seat he liked.  He made sure he got that seat.

There is absolutely no reason for that person to be that way.  I can’t imagine what he’s like otherwise.

Look around....there are becoming more people like him every day.

Also, she didn’t videotape it until much later...you see, in the beginning (when she didn’t videotape him) he was pushing so hard the back of the seat was actually slinging her forward.

If you are so interested, go to TMZ and you can probably see the entire interview with her.

I do hope I’ve explained why I posted what I did since you addressed me I felt it necessary to respond.

You have a great week ahead now...won’t you.🙄

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

I haven't seen the video. 

But yes, space is less now than it used to be.  Anyone who reclines should consider the encroachment on the person behind them.  But lots of people are just selfish.

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

People are so crammed into small spaces in planes they get stressed.  Where else do you sit thigh to thigh with a strange man?  I'm surprised there aren't more incidents than there are.

I usually recline the minimum.  In the upright position, the seat is too upright and uncomfortable for the duration of the average trip.

Apparently you haven't ridden the NYC subway system.