Respected Contributor

So it's spring, time of renewal.  What is new with you?  Any little thing at all.  Something you learned over the last year, maybe?  A new way of thinking or doing things.

Honored Contributor

Spring cleaning.  Repotting houseplants.  Starting with a one on one trainer for Pilates once my 2nd vaccine kicks in.

Respected Contributor

OK, I'll go.  I got a wide headband with buttons on it to secure my mask.  Just got it from Amazon today.  I may just save my sore ears!

Respected Contributor

Getting things done. Got my ancient balky sprinkler system repaired, updated including drip irrigation on my pergola and in my vegetable boxes. Today I had an old fence on the side of my house replaced after it was blown down in February.Usually I get a burstof energy in the spring.

Frequent Contributor

I'm looking forward to attending mass again.  It has been a year.  Purchased new clothes and ready to stop dressing so sloppy.  Staying home for a year was not good for the soul.

Respected Contributor

Just don't look at the news...

Esteemed Contributor

I hired an interior decorator for the first time in my life.  I moved to a small senior apartment.  I got rid of all my previous furniture from a three-level home (too much, too large).  I wasn’t sure about scale or how to arrange what I needed.  She has developed a plan, brought fabric swatches, furniture ideas, etc.  She has done an amazing job and I’m so glad I hired her.  I can’t wait to see the finished product.  It will be my oasis.  

Honored Contributor

Great topic!  I've set a goal for deadline, end of year.  EOY.

Getting rid, of too much paper.  Time to clear out and get shredded parent's old paperwork and paperwork in boxes of ours also in the basement.

End of this month, the city picks up stuff you want to get rid of (mostly from basement and garage type of stuff.  There's a list of yes and no's.)  So indeed, renew and clear out for me.

When and how much time I plan to do this, it's on my calendar.  I even set the timer so I don't overdue, or overwhelm myself.  One bite at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

Serious weight loss. Started after the holidays and went into high gear end of February.

Covid pounds gone and then some so far. Tired of not reaching my goal and seeing others succeed through the years. Got with a Dr. and medical staff this time. Not quitting 'til I reach my goal- at least until the end of the year. So far I have not lost so much that others have noticed, but I will- and soon! It's a process.

Esteemed Contributor

Congrats on your weight loss, @queendiva !  Setting a goal and sticking with it!

For me, I realized that I can't do it all.  I'm older and my body and emotional strength isn't what it used to me.  Wasn't easy for me to admit that.   I caved and hired some industrious teenage boys to do my yard and garden clean-up this spring.  Hated to do that because gardening used to be one of my biggest joys.  This year it seemed like more work than I could handle.  These kids are great - hard-working and reliable.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  They seem to enjoy it - and I enjoy not having to do it.  Win-win.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt