Respected Contributor

Re: Time Person of the Year for 2019 is...

A poor choice for Time Person of the Year would be:

Hitler (1938)

Stalin (1939 & 1942)

Ayatohah Khomeini (1979)

They, for me, are poor choices!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Almost everyone (or thing) that Time has selected as Person of the Year is controversial.  The selection in and of itself is usually controversial.  Regardless of who was selected, there would be heated debate.  Some agree with the selection. Some don't.  For me, the issue is why was she selected.

The selection is usually based upon the person's degree of influence: good or bad. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Terrible choice. So many deserving people overlooked, just sad. 

The Time's person of  the year is not an honor.  It is not an award or even something to be proud of.

It is bestowed on a person who has changed the world in some way the most for any given year.  Many people who were evil and mass murderers have been the Person or Man of the year including Adolf Hitler.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
This young woman, along with many young people, has been terrified into believing that the world is going to end in ten to twelve years. Let's teach our young people to get involved & be active...but please let us not terrify them. I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm just giving my opinion.

@bobby5   I agree with your opinion.  I remember someone else saying 🤔A few decades ago who said in 10 yrs was going to feel the end...Still here !!

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Terrible choice. So many deserving people overlooked, just sad.

@RetRN  Totally !

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Children are, always, the only future the human race has.

This has and does have me worried about the future for my children if this generation now will dictate the future .

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of unkind comment

Esteemed Contributor

i saw her speech at the UN and she seems like an angry little girl.   Why don't her parents let her be a child while she still is .  I get it a lot of you feel she is passoniate in her beliefs and I guess she is .  I guess there are steps  that can be done to reduce emissions,  but what no one is addressing is if China and India are not going to address the issue then nothing will change !  Nothing!!  We don't have a dome around America ,   We all share the same atmosphere. I  don't beileve our world is ending in 12yrs .   It's a scare tactic ,  I'm not living my life worrying the sky is going to fall  it didn't decades ago when that so called expert said it would .🙀

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

i saw her speech at the UN and she seems like an angry little girl.   Why don't her parents let her be a child while she still is .  I get it a lot of you feel she is passoniate in her beliefs and I guess she is .  I guess there are steps  that can be done to reduce emissions,  but what no one is addressing is if China and India are not going to address the issue then nothing will change !  Nothing!!  We don't have a dome around America ,   We all share the same atmosphere. I  don't beileve our world is ending in 12yrs .   It's a scare tactic ,  I'm not living my life worrying the sky is going to fall  it didn't decades ago when that so called expert said it would .🙀

Again, no one believes the world is ending. No one.