Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time For The Dreaded Grocery Store.

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Has anyone done Instacom?  When I was out walking yesterday morning, I talked to a neighbor who was up on her porch wiping down her grocery deliveries.  She had several bags from Aldi to wipe down before taking into her house.  She said it costs her $10 for a month to have groceries delivered.  I guess they have a membership monthly plan.  They also can shop other stores in addition to Aldi.  Anyone do this?

@Beauty$Junkie - I don't do instacom but do wipe down groceries before storage tho the CDC has no guidelines re 

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Has anyone done Instacom?  When I was out walking yesterday morning, I talked to a neighbor who was up on her porch wiping down her grocery deliveries.  She had several bags from Aldi to wipe down before taking into her house.  She said it costs her $10 for a month to have groceries delivered.  I guess they have a membership monthly plan.  They also can shop other stores in addition to Aldi.  Anyone do this?

@Beauty$Junkie 

I think you mean Instacart. I used them a handful of times last year when I just did not feel like going to the grocery store. I had no problems with the service, and you can makes notes about specifics items. For example I like my bananas to be green so that was a note I put down for the shopper.  Keep in mind that everything in the store is not listed, and their prices are higher. With this Pandemic I could imagine it being a big pain in the but, things not in stock, constant e-mails asking your for substitutes etc. I think you should at least give it a try and see if you like it or not. 

Respected Contributor

I just got back from Hy-Vee & it was moderately busy.  I'd say about 1/4 of the customers had masks & gloves.  Still....no TP, paper towels, sanitizer & now get this; no dishwasher cubes or detergent.  A stocker told me it is now another hoarding item.  I am so glad I have Debbie Meyer food saver bags since I loaded up on produce & fruits!  I didn't want to go shopping tomorrow due to it being Good Friday plus bad weather this weekend.  Happy Easter to all and stay safe!  

Honored Contributor

Local supermakets are stirpped clean here.  But I got a delivery of food (free delivery) Instacart.  Ordered this morning, got here this afternoon.  I also got paper towels (Wegman's owns) 

Honored Contributor

@SillyIrishGirl   Instacart is great but it's pricy.  The tips are high and there is a delivery fee (about $4.00 per store) and a serice fee.  I have Instacart Express (that is free delivery all the time (over $35.00)   So your food shopping will be much higher.  Depeneding on where you live, Instacart will deliver from serveral big supermarkets.  Big one near me is my favorite, Wegmans.  But they do deliver, many peoople that were laed off are driving for them.  They message you for replacements (in case the item is now there) etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have always loved grocery shopping. I can spend hours in the store, comparing prices, reading labels, looking at things I don't normally buy and considering them. 

This new normal is killing me only in that aspect. I can live with all the other restrictions and things we are doing without, but my grocery store trips are very few and far between, and stressful to get in and out. They were always my best retail therapy!

@Mominohio 

Whats wrong with you. LOL!! I only say that because I hate grocery shopping.

I do enjoy Costco. It's like Disneyland for adults. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I have always loved grocery shopping. I can spend hours in the store, comparing prices, reading labels, looking at things I don't normally buy and considering them. 

This new normal is killing me only in that aspect. I can live with all the other restrictions and things we are doing without, but my grocery store trips are very few and far between, and stressful to get in and out. They were always my best retail therapy!

@Mominohio 

My instacart delivers from Costco too.  But I haven't so far ordered from them.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio 

I used to refer to Costco trips with my husband as date night.  🙂

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

@Beauty$Junkie - I don't do instacom but do wipe down groceries before storage tho the CDC has no guidelines re 

I now do now..  Food is delivered individually wrapped in and in tightly wrapped plastic bags.  I don't wip them down.  I throw out the plastic bags. 

Even when the summer comes, I'm still going to do instacart.  This virus might come back in the fall.  And we  still don't have a vaccene.