Esteemed Contributor

Time For The Dreaded Grocery Store.

Even taking the virus thing out of the equation I hate going to the grocery store.  I went 2 weeks ago, and don't have an extra freezer, so off I go again

I refuse to go to Walmart and my son said the Weis market had squat.

I have been going to a very small independent place about 10 miles away.  They open at 7:30am and I will be there when they open. 

They have been well stocked in the past so I hope to be in and out in short order.

I don't know when I started to hate grocery shopping.  When I was younger it was no big deal.

Super Contributor

Re: Time For The Dreaded Grocery Store.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I don't blame you for hating to grocery shop. I like it but it gets old quick. My husband said last night that hes going to Costco early today as they have senior hours from 8-9 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. He said what time do you think we should leave? I said there isn't a good reason why I should go. So we will see if he goes or not. Good luck with your shopping and stay safe,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glove up, Mask or scarf up,  bring a cleaning wipe if you have one for the cart.   Arrive EARLY.  If you show up right when they open you will be at the end of a VERY long line that is practicing social distancing. 

ETA: Bring a List.  Some stores are doing One way route through the aisles with social distancing and it would be a big pain to have to back track for something you walked by allready.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, It's amazing that we have to be scared to go to the grocery store now. I am lucky that we live among the Amish. They have two grocery stores nearby and we shop there now. We are the only ones walking around their store. Their prices are dirt cheap and I'm able to get all of my staples. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@DbinMD  Thanks.  I have a scarf and my can of Lysol wipes.  Usually there are only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot.

Who would have ever thought grocery shopping could be potentially life threatening.

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Yes, right? I just woke up my husband. I said are you going to Costco, he said Yes. I just hope that he can get what we need.. Toilet paper is a must. we were allowed to buy 4 rolls at the grocery store. And it isn't the best if you know what I mean. and we are almost out.

Esteemed Contributor

I am planning to go on Friday. My last trip was this past Saturday

so it will be almost a week. Definitely need milk and my son wants

vanilla ice cream to make root beer floats.

I might put my hair up in a clip this time. Will go in and hope to be

out quickly. I always have a list. I never like to fool around and

waste time. 

Respected Contributor

@DbinMDIf you are nearly out of something "Rationed" and you are willing, Both of you go and Each take a cart so you can double up on things and stay home longer after this trip. Happy hunting!

Super Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@DbinMDIf you are nearly out of something "Rationed" and you are willing, Both of you go and Each take a cart so you can double up on things and stay home longer after this trip. Happy hunting!

Thank you. Thats a good idea.

Valued Contributor

Has anyone done Instacom?  When I was out walking yesterday morning, I talked to a neighbor who was up on her porch wiping down her grocery deliveries.  She had several bags from Aldi to wipe down before taking into her house.  She said it costs her $10 for a month to have groceries delivered.  I guess they have a membership monthly plan.  They also can shop other stores in addition to Aldi.  Anyone do this?