Honored Contributor

Tim Conway Has Dementia - Family Fight Too?

[ Edited ]

I just read in People online that comedian Tim Conway has dementia. 

Unfortunately it sounds like a fight is brewing like other celebrities I've read about (e.g. Peter Falk, Casey Casem). 

His daughter, age 54,  is seeking conservatorship, claiming Conway's wife is “planning to move him out of the excellent skilled nursing facility he is currently at” and place him in one that won’t give him access to “registered nurses at all times and his 24-hour caregiver and speech therapist (to help with swallowing).”

Gosh, it's sad enough when a person has dementia, then even more sad when the family fights about the person's welfare. 

See People online for more on this story.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tim Conway Has Dementia - Family Fight Too?

If this is true, I wish his daughter luck.  Wonder what the "other side of the story" is.  Maybe she can't afford the cost of care any longer.  Just because they are famous doesn't mean they are rich.  So very sad either way.  Blessings to him and his family.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

That's sad.  It must explain his absence from the Carol Burnett reunion special that was televised seven or eight months ago.

Super Contributor

So sorry to hear that about Tim Conway.  I've always liked him a lot.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve always been a huge fan of Tim Conway.What a brilliant comedian!! I hope his family does right by him.

Honored Contributor

So sad, I hope all family members can agree and do what is best for Tim. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a funny guy, loved him on carol burnete show ,that is sad to hear about him,sometimes we can not trust our families.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Love Tim Conway. We wish him the best care. Prayers are sent to him and his family.

Valued Contributor

The greed in family members is everywhere no matter how rich or poor. My Grandmother had very little, but the vultures were gathering. She always told me to change the locks on the doors the day she passed away, and don't let anyone in the house. I asked her what about letting in your family and she said "a burgler will break in and steal your TV, but the family will come in and take everything including the wallpaper." Years later when she passed away, I changed the locks, and when her kids got here they wanted everything she had, but not to keep, just to take it. One even said he'd like a "little momento" and when I asked him what he wanted he said the piano. She never played the piano, I did. How was that going to remind him of her? Put poor Tim in the cheapest place they can find, and start dividing the cash. That's all that's important to some of them. I hope his daughter can get help in seeing to his welfare, but the wife may be holding the high card. It's sometimes hard to get the authority to do what's best for the patient. Mikey Rooney didn't have it good either. That wife of his treated him badly. Senior abuse is much more common than people realize. If there's money involved it's even worse.

Respected Contributor

That makes me so sad...he’s an American treasure imo, no one could make me laugh like he did. I sure hope he gets the care he needs.