Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tiggi, my Maine Coon, may have cancer :(

Good news on Tiggi! For Stinky, unless you're giving plain, fat-free yogurt, the runs can get worse...and there's not enough of what a cat needs to stop the runs...the Stinkmeister would have to eat a gallon of it to get anywhere. Ask Dr. Webb's office for a couple of sample packets or capsules of a probiotic for cats ti do the trick. The key is to start slow and increase gradually. The capsules can be broken open and sprinkled on food or mixed in. Two good brands are purina feline fortiflora or proviable. The fortflora is less expensive usually.
Trusted Contributor

Glad to hear Tiggi is doing better now hope Stinky's tummy gets better. The fortiflora was a life saver for Buddy who had IBD and he liked it and Cookie did too,just sprinkle it on the food.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

Stinky's poo is now back to normal..she did one this morning for me and it's sticking up out of the litter - looks like she's giving me the finger. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Tiggi's appetite wasn't very good from 5 PM on yesterday. But it was the "off Pred" day. I'm sad, she is feeling bony. When she was first diagnosed in August, I kept thinking the doctors HAD to be wrong - I was trying to be in denial, but now I can see by looking at her, they were correct. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Stinky's poo is now back to normal..she did one this morning for me and it's sticking up out of the litter - looks like she's giving me the finger. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Tiggi's appetite wasn't very good from 5 PM on yesterday. But it was the "off Pred" day. I'm sad, she is feeling bony. When she was first diagnosed in August, I kept thinking the doctors HAD to be wrong - I was trying to be in denial, but now I can see by looking at her, they were correct. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

It's hard, but try to do what you so wisely have counseled me to do over these past years: live every day in the moment with Tiggi. She is still with you and very aware of all the love you are lavishing on her, and enjoying the time she has with you. More prayers for strength for both of you are on the way.