Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods in bad car accident and is hospitalized

Wishing Tiger a quick recovery  Does anyone know why he lost control of his auto?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

We finally know why he crashed.  He was going 87 in a 45 mph zone and lost control of his vehicle hitting a tree at 75 mph.  It was at least Wood's third mysterious motor vehicle accident.  Investigators said they did not check to see if he was texting before the crash stating that there was no need to do so.  Sheriff denies giving him special treatment. Woods received no citation for speeding. 

Esteemed Contributor

As others have stated, he should never drive again ( he's plenty rich enough to have a driver).

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

As others have stated, he should never drive again ( he's plenty rich enough to have a driver).

I agree.  In today's judiciary, it seems a person gets the justice they can afford.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

We finally know why he crashed.  He was going 87 in a 45 mph zone and lost control of his vehicle hitting a tree at 75 mph.  It was at least Wood's third mysterious motor vehicle accident.  Investigators said they did not check to see if he was texting before the crash stating that there was no need to do so.  Sheriff denies giving him special treatment. Woods received no citation for speeding. 

He is really a terrible driver! Except on the fairway, that is.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm just curious - how did they establish how fast he was going?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt  Tiger was driving a borrowed Genesis SUV from the golfing event he attended.  When the airbags were triggered, the SUV’s event data recorder (black box) captured speeds before and after the initial impact of 82.02 mph to 86.99 mph.

Esteemed Contributor

No special treatment my foot.  If that where an everyday person I doubt they would get off scott free.

He is just lucky he didn't kill someone.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

He is really a terrible driver! Except on the fairway, that is.

He is far more than a terrible driver. He is an arrogant, non law-abiding motorist. Shameful

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt 

There was a data recorder in the vehicle.