Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tiger Shot Due Because of Stupid Human.

I'm on the tiger's side. I hate that they always shoot the animals (any type) when there is this type of incident. Hate it.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I saw this on the NBC nightly news and it made my blood boil.  How STUPID can anyone be to stick their arm in a tiger's cage?  He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and fined and made to shovel waste at the zoo for his ignorance.  Can you tell I am riled up?  I hate to hear of an animal dying due to someone's poor judgment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover  Yes, captivity is not the life we'd like for these wonderful animals. But, the reason they are facing extinction is because of poaching and habitat destruction, so this beautiful tiger may not have made it long in the wild either. 

This is what infuriates me. This tiger was let down by humans, much like those in the wild, when he should have been safe. It's a very sad, irreplaceable loss. Humans sure can mess things up. 

Edited: spelling

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I'm on the tiger's side. I hate that they always shoot the animals (any type) when there is this type of incident. Hate it.

@Goldengate8361 

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but I probably will: 

Why didn't they shoot the idiot who stuck his arm in a cage?  Humans certainly aren't endangered, and one less stupid person on the planet wouldn't matter ... would it?  

Respected Contributor

I just watched the video and the deputy asked the zoo employees if the had tranquilizers and they didn't 

the guy was able to call 911 but someone had already called

he must have really had to push hard to get his arm thru the fence

so sad for this tiger

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

This REALLY angers me!

Yeah, maybe they should have shot the idiot and let the innocent tiger live.  Smiley Mad

He had no business, not only being there but sticking his hand in the cage.

@chickenbutt - This was exactly what I said to my DH.  I was so angry when I heard this on the news.  I actually shouted out "Shoot the #$&# not the tiger!"

I felt horrible for the police officer.  He was asking, didn't they have a tranquilizer?  He didn't want to shoot it.

And I just heard an update.  This POS cleaner had climbed over the first retaining fence to get to the next fence and reach into the enclosure.  Did he think he'd be able to brag that he petted the tiger?  Well, he'll have a lifelong reminder of his arrogance.

And a beautiful, endangered animal is dead.  I'd better not say any more.

Regular Contributor

He did his job. He saved a human life.
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

This REALLY angers me!

Yeah, maybe they should have shot the idiot and let the innocent tiger live.  Smiley Mad

He had no business, not only being there but sticking his hand in the cage.

@chickenbutt - This was exactly what I said to my DH.  I was so angry when I heard this on the news.  I actually shouted out "Shoot the #$&# not the tiger!"

I felt horrible for the police officer.  He was asking, didn't they have a tranquilizer?  He didn't want to shoot it.

And I just heard an update.  This POS cleaner had climbed over the first retaining fence to get to the next fence and reach into the enclosure.  Did he think he'd be able to brag that he petted the tiger?  Well, he'll have a lifelong reminder of his arrogance.

And a beautiful, endangered animal is dead.  I'd better not say any more.

@Venezia 

Well, the good news (on ABC world news tonight)  is that there is considerable outrage that the tiger had to be killed and now this moron is facing possible criminial penalties for what he did.

They should have shot him and let the tiger have the arm.  What an idiot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I completely agree that the wrong life was taken.  Poor tiger, indeed not safe.  

I am going to stop here before I write some things I might not want to see in print.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Another animal pays for human stupidity and irresponsible human behavior.......

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.