Esteemed Contributor

A New Jersey man has been charged with making terroristic threats after allegedly coughing in the direction of a local supermarket employee and claiming he suffered from the coronavirus. The state's attorney general, Gurbir Grewal, announced the charges against George Falcone on Tuesday.

Here's how his office explains what happened at a Wegmans supermarket on Sunday evening:

"The employee was concerned that Falcone was standing too close to her and an open display of prepared foods, so she requested that he step back as she covered the food. Instead, Falcone allegedly stepped forward to within 3 feet of her, leaned toward her, and purposely coughed. He allegedly laughed and said he was infected with the coronavirus. Falcone subsequently told two other employees they are lucky to have jobs."

In addition to the third-degree terrorist threats charge, the attorney general's office has also accused Falcone, 50, of harassment and obstructing law or other governmental functions. All told, Grewal says the man now faces the possibility of more than six years in state prison and thousands of dollars in fines.

Balance of article:  npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/25/821371963/man-faces-terror-charge-after-allegedly-coughing-toward-worker-citing-virus

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Marp   YES!  That is the case I wasl talking about.  I shop there all the time.  It's a great store.

Honored Contributor

Re: Throw the book at her

[ Edited ]

She was charged with 'terrorristc threats' as a few others have been for pulling 'stunts' like this.

Very fitting, IMO. Prosecute them all as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the store will be reimbursed thru some sort of 'Victims Fund', they didn't deserve to absorb this kind of cost.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Next it will come down to police daily patrolling all stores and

businesses to keep these "shoppers" in line. Businesses trying

to stay open and service customers and all it takes is one person

to nearly destroy it. Makes me so mad.

Respected Contributor

Cruel.  She must be a sociopath.  For some reason she hates the rest of us.  In her peanut mind, it's "Me against them."  She doesn't even have the excuse of being young and stupid, like a previous post about teenagers and a similar act. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I took the time to read the story...sadly, it seems she has mental problems.

Time for her to be put in  a psychiatric hospital.

She'll be evaluated & if she does have mental problems I have compassion for her...that's a tough road.

Honored Contributor
@threecees. I hope she has to make restitution to the store. If she doesn't have the $ now, then over the rest of her life.