Esteemed Contributor

Those Darn Reeses PB Eggs!!!

I see those tasty bits of goodness have been out awhile.  It's the one candy that is hard to say no to. Thankfully it's only once a year.  I had been doing pretty welll until DD, being the sweetie she is, brought me one after work.

I ate half and tossed the rest. I told her I appreciated the thought but don't bring me anymore.

Funny thing is I wouldn't get out of my chair for the Reeses PB cups. They are just okay.

Why is the egg so much better than the regular PB cups? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those Darn Reeses PB Eggs!!!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I see those tasty bits of goodness have been out awhile.  It's the one candy that is hard to say no to. Thankfully it's only once a year.  I had been doing pretty welll until DD, being the sweetie she is, brought me one after work.

I ate half and tossed the rest. I told her I appreciated the thought but don't bring me anymore.

Funny thing is I wouldn't get out of my chair for the Reeses PB cups. They are just okay.

Why is the egg so much better than the regular PB cups? 

just want to let you know it's against the law to eat only half of a Reese's egg!!  lol.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  They make hearts too?  I know they do Christmas trees but I didn't get any.

Honored Contributor

My husband burns me out on these all thru the year; Valentine heart ones, Easter eggs, pumpkin shaped ones, and the Christmas trees, along with the full size and the minis.  OMG, pick up a peppermint patty or feel like a nut every now and then!

Respected Contributor

You are right @CrazyKittyLvr2 , don't like the cups but boy those eggs are good. What is it?

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234  I think the chocolate on the eggs is in a thinner layer and seems smoother.  Better PB to chocolate ratio.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The larger PB eggs have stiffer peanut butter with more salt than the regular PB cups.  

The tiny PB eggs and the tiny PB cups contain less salt than the large PB eggs and regular PB cups.

I am not a salt person, so I buy the tiny PB cups and the tiny PB eggs.  I have several bags in my house right now.

I always have PB cups in my house...all year around.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

and add those darn Cadbury Milk Chocolate covered eggs in the Easter candy (not the Creme eggs)  that are already calling me as I walked down the aisle in Walgreen's!!!  

I am trying to have willpower at least until I stop tomorrow to pick up my Rx...haha!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

Are you talking about the candy-coated mini eggs ?  I buy them every year.

I tried the "shimmer" ones, but they don't seem to taste as good.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower 

Yes yes yes 🙀🙀🙀 and my Rx is ready ....Walgreens open until 11 might have to pick up tonight...oh dear🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

And I agree the shimmer ones aren't the same!