Honored Contributor

Re: This is your time.............

If there was some sort of sugar or even a slice of pizza with the chair than maybe I would allow him a "second" of this is my ...............  But once eaten moment as gone bye-bye regardless of how comfy chair may be.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

In my opinion lazy boys are made of cheaper materials.  The sewing is always bad, the foam is the cheapest you can buy.  They are not meant to last long. The thing is they are not inexpensive either.  So the price does not justify the product.  Just my opinion.  I know, I own one. .  I got it on sale 1100 for a chair that shouldnt be over 299.  Lol.  .  It looks okay though.  They had to come fix it. After a week., and they were very good at.  I was surprized how the whole things unravels, and has velcro to keep it together so the chair can fold back.  You wouldn't know it.   I knew they weren't that good from friends and family owning them, but I needed an extra chair for a specific place and it looked good.  My cat Sushi loves it though. There is just my husband and I now, grands are grown so we are easy on furniture. 

I disagree.  I purchased a leather Lazy boy recliner for my DH for his 40th birthday.  He is exactly 66 years old today.  The recliner is used everyday and is still like new.  The leather is still soft and supple and the mechanics of the chair glide like they did on day one.  

So, the chair is 26 years old today and I am still happy with the purchase. Maybe you got a lemon or perhaps the leather is better than fabric upholstery.

Honored Contributor

I don't need that kind of "moment."  

The last thing I would buy off TV would be furniture.  That's something you really need to feel and look at before you buy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy a La-Z-Boy chair off the TV. I would have to try it first. I bought a rocker/recliner a few years back from La-Z-Boy and must have tried 2 dozen rockers before I found the one I wanted. A huge purchase like that is not a one size fits all. Too much to return! 

Honored Contributor

I could never buy a reclinder without seeing it up close and sitting on it to see how it works and feels. 

Honored Contributor

You know, other than a bed, which I could get excited about for a lot of reasons, some postable and some not, as much as I get the recliner experience, I could still do better for excitement in my life.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

In my opinion lazy boys are made of cheaper materials.  The sewing is always bad, the foam is the cheapest you can buy.  They are not meant to last long. The thing is they are not inexpensive either.  So the price does not justify the product.  Just my opinion.  I know, I own one. .  I got it on sale 1100 for a chair that shouldnt be over 299.  Lol.  .  It looks okay though.  They had to come fix it. After a week., and they were very good at.  I was surprized how the whole things unravels, and has velcro to keep it together so the chair can fold back.  You wouldn't know it.   I knew they weren't that good from friends and family owning them, but I needed an extra chair for a specific place and it looked good.  My cat Sushi loves it though. There is just my husband and I now, grands are grown so we are easy on furniture. 

I disagree.  I purchased a leather Lazy boy recliner for my DH for his 40th birthday.  He is exactly 66 years old today.  The recliner is used everyday and is still like new.  The leather is still soft and supple and the mechanics of the chair glide like they did on day one.  

So, the chair is 26 years old today and I am still happy with the purchase. Maybe you got a lemon or perhaps the leather is better than fabric upholstery.

I don't know how I feel about Lazy Boy.  May-be they were better quality years ago.  Our first purchase were 2 matching leather recliners about 15 years ago.  They were just OK, but I admit we didn't purchase their most expensive line.  The recline mechanism stopped working in my husband's daily user.  The leather had developed permanent wrinkles (crease lines) and some tears.  Three years ago we replaced and selected Lazy Boy again.  One leather and one fabric; different styles, both top of their line.  The leather one is still pristine.  However it has only been sat in 1/2 dozen times.  The fabric chair is used exclusively by DH, he spends hours in it daily.  The electronics have held up, but the fabric is showing bad wear spots in several areas.  The seat and back cushion has lost its loft.  It still functions well, but really is starting to look shabby.  (The price for this recliner was $1500 on sale) I think we will be able to keep it another 2 years.  That will give us time to look at different brands.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd

More like "The Final Countdown" for me....

Honored Contributor

I thought David was on stage for Miss America.  This is your time, This is your moment does not sound like you are selling a chair.  I found it funny and his voice was pretty dramatic.  I agree with a lot of you that you need to sit in it first before purchasing.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

-----------------------------

I'm almost 47, bought my 1st laz-y boy in my 20's and have had them ever since..

I've always found them to be an excellent product, but, like other lines, I'm sure quality varies.  I've tried to buy at the higher end of their line.  Personally, I'd rather skimp other places and have a few good, comfortable pieces of furniture.