Esteemed Contributor

Every host stresses and repeats and repeats ..... this is your OPPORTUNITY to buy this - or that.  So obvious this was the instructions at a recent sales meeting to the sales force..  We wants to ,'share this with you'  is another classic.

Enough already!

Super Contributor

Re: This is your OPPORTUNITY

Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed today.  If it bothers you so much don't watch!

Esteemed Contributor

I always feel like I was in the sales meeting and on the dry erase wall is "opportunity " in bright red. I am also eating some stale squirrel brand snacks Mary is passing out.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

bubblebath.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Regular Contributor

This is your OPPORTUNITY to turn the channel!  Read any article about QVC and it will mention how closely they watch what words work to drive sales.  The word CHIC must be a million dollar sales driver!   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TV shopping can be annoying, no doubt about it.

Regular Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

TV shopping can be annoying, no doubt about it.

We are lucky to have such problems! First world issues! 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Having worked in sales while in college, I know there's more than one way to skin a cat.  If I were VP of Sales and Marketing, I'd plan on having my sales folks enrolled in a "How to Pitch it" course - bring them up to date with the newest and best ways to get into the mind of the potential purchaser through better vebalization and presenation.  Just a thought.

Trusted Contributor

I always find it funny when a host says:

"CONGRATULATIONS if you got that before it sold out".  

Like you won something LOL!

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Having worked in sales while in college, I know there's more than one way to skin a cat.  If I were VP of Sales and Marketing, I'd plan on having my sales folks enrolled in a "How to Pitch it" course - bring them up to date with the newest and best ways to get into the mind of the potential purchaser through better vebalization and presenation.  Just a thought.

I think QVC spends a lot of money keeping the hosts trained on latest sales techniques.  It's their bread and butter.