Honored Contributor

Re: They spend too much time on colors!

@Gram W wrote:

I agree that a lot of time is wasted repeatedly going over colors on everything.  My family, friends and I do like to color coordinate our homes, even kitchenware.  With the L&L so many repeats are a waste of my time.  I was a Tupperware person in my first home.  As it stained, etc I started using the Cool Whip and sandwich meat containers.  Not a pretty sight.  Then came L&L.  I can take them any where and I know they will not leak.  They work great in lunch boxes and ice chests and they look attractive when you get to the casual outdoor party.  Because they stack they take up less space.  I stack the lids and then put the stacked bowls on top.  The square corners allow full use of cupboard space.  No more fishing to find the right top.  The canisters keep my flour,etc better than my family stainless ones did.  I lg canister on wheels holds a 3lb bag of cat food and it keeps it fresh to the bottom.  Just please stop repeatedly going over colors.  It would be helpful, especially on clothing, if you would tell us the accurate name for the colors.  The hosts try to explain what they see but those explanations also waste time and are not heard by everyone.  Also how many shades of blue, green, red, etc do we need on 1 pair of pants.  Reviewing 14 colors and saying go on line for rest of the colors ????

@Gram W

Well saiid!

Lock N Lock is an excellent product.  I have 6 pieces (2 cereal containers, 1 large container for cat food), and a lunch set (square container for sandwiches, a bowl for salads or soups, and a tiny container for salad dressing).  

I read a review where someone complained because no one had said that there was no seal where you pour out the cereal and his container wouldn't close and the customer felt it was because there was no seal on the pouring spout so he returned the item back to QVC.  If they had shown the spout during the demonstration instead of "going through the colors one more time".....perhaps it would have prevented an unhappy customer!

And then as you said so well---the wierd names of the colors (especially clothes) where it takes the host a few minutes for this to be accomplished --- first the host has to find their card, then determine what color goes with what garment and then tell how the name of the color, isn't really an accurate description of the color they called it--(we are calling this plum wine, but it's really more of a bright magenta, Or we are calling this Tropical Green, but it's really more of an aqua).....SAY WHAT!!!???? LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: They spend too much time on colors!

@pitdakota wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

________

@Spurt  I have read over time several articles on QVC selling tactics that sales do increase when they go over colors.  There are probably several sources for that information.  Here is just one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/qvc-the-unlikely-juggernaut-of-mobile-shopping/2015/...

It might be irritating to some, but evidently it is a sales tactic that does tend to increase sales. 

@pitdakota

Thank you pitdakota for providing the documentation that confirms what was written.  You never know if someone is making something up or if it's real, (afterall just because someone writes something, doesnt always mean it's true afterall  it's the internet Woman LOL) I always try to provide links to confirm financial data and sales info regarding QVC.  Thanks for the clarification.  So yes it appears this sales tactic makes some shoppers run to the phones or website or use their app to place their orders, to others it annoys us and makes us change the channel---LOL!

No problem @Spurt.  As I posted to Noel, someone else some time ago had a thread about this and I remembered reading some of those articles.  It is the nature of the beast that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else.    I just found it interesting to read about some of the tactics and how they work. 

@pitdakota

I've read some of the articles and heard interviews "a day in the life of a QVC host" and yes it's interesting to learn about some of their sales tactics---whether it be "the hosts are your friends/family, write to me on Facebook",  or put people on a guilt trip during the holiday shopping season by talking about getting a gift for "teacher, bus driver, hair stylist, garbage crew, neighbor that picks up your mail or fill up the gift wing you never know when that unexpected person might drop by with a gift for you"......Or as QVC's CEO has said, "the entertainment factor of the presentation".....some are an enticement for some, but a turn off to others.....

I guess I never read about the colors......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”