Honored Contributor

Re: They spend too much time on colors!

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The bowls can be used to hold batteries or bathroom soaps! Woman LOL

I have a collection of gel pens from Costco in a flat one, and soft tip markers in another.

I also keep my collection of seasonal fall Washington DC nail polish in another so I don't have to dig for them Smiley Wink 

@JustJazzmom  I just got the new Washington olive green which matches a jacket I have Woman LOL

Stuff to store your stuff in.....buy more stuff.....buy more L&L....then buy big L&L to store your small L&L in holding your stuff.....O.K. I get it now!

No you didn't get it @SeaMaiden  That may be the way you live, but not how I live. 

I like being tidy and organized, it's ok if you'd rather just throw all your pens or whatever in drawers and have to dig through everything, looking for hours and wasting time, I do not.

But I have to admit, I don't get your fascination with belittling what other people do or buy. 

@Noel7   Never ASKED you to GET my fascination with anything did I?  and to say I am belittling other people?  Why are you so  obsessed with me?  Let's just politely ignore one another as a truce of sorts - O.K? 

Honored Contributor

They have to blah blah blah about the colors.  There's nothing else to talk about and they  must devote many  hours to talking about those  plastic  bowls today.  It takes three  minutes to go over the important stuff and that leaves them with 57 minutes to be filled for each presentation.    Color is all they have.....lol   I think it's only a problem if you watch more than one or presentations.  I don't know why anyone would do that....lol

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It amuses me that people get so wound up and excited over this Lock n Lock stuff.  They're food storage containers for pete's sake.  They work the same as a recycled Cool Whip container.  Who cares what color they are?

Also they take up a ton of storage space.  Who has room for it all even if they do nest?  I don't want to open 10 containers just to get to the one that's the perfect size.

Omg, I  thought I was the only one who thought that....lol   I admit, I am not a kitchen person.  I'm happy with the plastic storage containers I get at Walmart.  The Tsv is pretty and my kitchen is red and white and I was tempted for about 22 seconds.  But they would "live"  in my kitchen cabinet or in the fridge or freezer.  Who would see them?   And I'd probably never use them because going into the cabinet and dragging them down and fiddling to find the size I need would just be too much of a bother.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@software  If you want to feel pain watch a Denim & Co. show where the recite the names of the colors of 27 pairs of pants TWICE!  They spend 30 minutes just on colors.

The mute button my tv takes care of that for me...lol

Honored Contributor

I don't care if they offer 1,000,000 colors, just please get through a presentation without going over the same colors ad  naseaum.

The point is not the colors.

Read the title of the thread.

@EatWell wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

I want to have a variety of colors offered.  If the q sold everything in one color, I probably wouldn't shop here.  

Agreed.

It's called "having options", and most people actually like having options.

Go figure.

Agree.  

Don't you hate it when someone pushes their values or opinions on to you?

Heny Ford would have liked you to buy his Fords in only one color.  Black.  Forever.

Now, that's boring.   Think of everyone now driving black colored cars.    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I own 3 L&Ls.   Bought them at Walmart.  I use them for food in my refrigerator.   If I am using all 3, it probably means one of the containers is past their prime.  There is nothing special about them.  I don't need to buy anymore.  I'd rather buy Pyrex or something in glass with a lid.  I don't shove my containers off the counter, I don't need dozens of L&L

You don't need L&L for pens, your pens won't go bad.

You don't need L&L for batteries, your batteries won't go bad.

There are plenty of other types of containers to use for small items.  L&L is overkill.     Unless you are running a canteen, can't imagine why you need 50 L&L.    

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why anyone is concerned about what other people buy or need.  Don't we all buy stuff we don't need and things that make no sense to others who are different from us? It's sort of funny because QVC is on all day talking aobut what some people need, want, can use, or could buy.  And then there are people sitting there watching to think about what people don't need, have no (to them) use for, are silly for buying, etc.  I guess whatever you find productive to do with your spare time. . . 

We certainly all lead very individual lives with different interests and needs and even wants.  So what's the point in being critical of people for buying something?  Like I would never buy water skis, a duck blind, false eyelashes, temp-tations, or Ugg boots--but some people love 'em!  

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

There are two major reasons they go over colors so often.

The first is that every single time they go over colors, the number of callers on the line spikes.  It generates sales.  QVC exists to sell things and make money.

The second, and perhaps more importantl, is that other people do not watch QVC on your schedule.  QVC does not base its programming on your viewing habits.  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in to see what is being sold.  As a result, it is necessary for the host to go over colors, options, etc., over and over again to inform the viewers who just tuned in.

As has been said over and over again, the simplest way to deal with your unhappiness at what is being shown is to change the channel.  It is very simple.  Ultimately, QVC pays attention to sales rather than the complaints of a handful of peole on a message ooard.

@KYToby

1. So how do you know that every single time they go over colors the calls spike and it generates sales??????????  Do you work for QVC Or where is the documentation to support this info??????????????????

2.  It is RIDICULOUS in a 8 minute presentation to go over the colors SEVERAL times during the SAME PRESENTATION, YET important information about the product is not provided which leads to unanswered questions on the revew page or someone has to ask the question on the Forums because they were too busy going over the colors!!! I've seen this again and again from everything from lock and lock to clothing to electronics to kitchen gadgets......

3. And your bit about changing the channel is getting as repetitive as QVC hosts going over the colors!!!  PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL YOU DON'T NEED TO REMIND EVERYONE. And it appears with QVC sales declines in the last quarter (and the financial data and Exec comments to support this have been posted) so QVC SHOULD pay attention to their customers....... And if they dont pay attention that could be sales that QVC has LOST!!!   Also, sometimes we have to sit through one product demo because another one is coming up that we might be interested in purchasing....if you change the channel you may get interested in something else instead and QVC has lost a sale!!!

4. As a QVC customer we do have the right to provide our feedback to QVC even if YOU disagree with it!!!

Now run along and write a note to your favorite host on their Facebook Page and you can tell them how wonderful they are and how perfect QVC is....I'm sure they'll appreciate it....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't mind that QVC offers a variety of colors (how I wish they would offer that wide variety in their merchandise & programming) .....But folks overdoing even a good thing is NOT good. I think @SeaMaiden is making a valid point, because overdoing the colors in one presetnation is made at the expense of providing other more important information about the product (they are only allowed so much time to present an item) and a lack of information could result in more returns to QVC....and more frustrated customers!  Sometimes it seems like that is the only info the host provides anymore.........

P.S. and @KYToby  I DO turn the channel if I get annoyed or bored....QVC's loss is my gain!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

There are two major reasons they go over colors so often.

The first is that every single time they go over colors, the number of callers on the line spikes.  It generates sales.  QVC exists to sell things and make money.

The second, and perhaps more importantl, is that other people do not watch QVC on your schedule.  QVC does not base its programming on your viewing habits.  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in to see what is being sold.  As a result, it is necessary for the host to go over colors, options, etc., over and over again to inform the viewers who just tuned in.

As has been said over and over again, the simplest way to deal with your unhappiness at what is being shown is to change the channel.  It is very simple.  Ultimately, QVC pays attention to sales rather than the complaints of a handful of people on a message board.

True, they keep mentioning colors for a reason, otherwise the Hosts would be told not to do it.

I cannot sit and watch QVC like a tv show and sometimes just turning the channel onto a shopping channel you see something yo like.  If it comes in colors, you automatically want to know if it comes in the color you like and want.  They need to give updates on which color is becoming limited, etc.  Depending on the item, I may need blue, red, green, orange and purple.  For jewelry, I may need white or yellow gold and sometimes sterling silver. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow