Valued Contributor

I think it might be worse if we had the capability of giving back the hearts to posters we didn't like or want hearts from, wouldn't it?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Do you really think most posters would be upset because someone Un-hearted them?

I know there are some tender people that would feel saddness if done to them by a group of people they thought liked them...until all of them removed their hearts given to her.  

I find it easy to see down the road of what some will do.

I think you are giving these hearts far too much importance. Anyone who would feel sadness because he/she was un-hearted, needs to take a step back from public forums.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Do you really think most posters would be upset because someone Un-hearted them?

I know there are some tender people that would feel saddness if done to them by a group of people they thought liked them...until all of them removed their hearts given to her.  

I find it easy to see down the road of what some will do.

I think you are giving these hearts far too much importance. Anyone who would feel sadness because he/she was un-hearted, needs to take a step back from public forums.

I am speaking out for the tender ones that come to this forum.  

Honored Contributor

Preds wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Great posts, @Preds and @NoelSeven!  I think the hearts, or any other system on social media similar to "likes" on Facebook or "retweets" on Twitter, end up being as important as the person giving and receiving chooses to make them.  

To me, it's a nice tool because it creates a "Notification" and gives the person one of those "breadcrumb trails" to a thread so they can read subsequent posts and decide if they want to reply.  And it's much more efficient than all the quotes we used to have here simply to state that we agreed with a post.  The hearts do have a functionality, after all.Robot Happy

Hi dooB!  See, we can use it to just say "I'm thinking about you or nice to see you are here."  I post pics on some threads that I don't "talk on" but they always heart me to let me know they "got" it.  I'm not much on words and don't have a lot to say, but that doesn't mean I don't care or read.  People need people ... hearts are a good way to say "Thanks"!  Or ... come here and hash it out .... LOL!  "Devil Face showing"!  LOL  

Hi, Preds!  I do like the way you think!  (Maybe that should be "I Heart the way you think!"Robot Happy)  Actually, I do believe you have a lot to say.  You have the knack of being more succinct, more economical and concise with your words, which is something I admire, aspire to, but I'm not very good at.  I always find your posts to be cheeful, inspiring and perceptive.Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I agree with dBd, I can't imagine anyone would even notice if someone took a heart back, or even who that person was.  I wouldn't.  Who goes back and checks to see if all their hearts are still there?

Someone would have to be keeping a flow chart or the like to even notice.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

NoelSeven,  Some types of people notice all kinds of things going on around them all the time...while others notice few things going down around them.   

Honored Contributor

NoelSeven,  Some types of people notice all kinds of things going on around them all the time...while others notice few things going down around them.   

Most people prioritize.  Like knowing about tree rings, but not counting hearts Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

I agree with dBd, I can't imagine anyone would even notice if someone took a heart back, or even who that person was.  I wouldn't.  Who goes back and checks to see if all their hearts are still there?

Someone would have to be keeping a flow chart or the like to even notice.

Thanks, @NoelSeven.  

It really has nothing to do with someone being perceptive or aware of their surroundings.  As I said, people choose what they assign importance to, and choose how to interpret the various options on social media.  And, again, some folks will "game" or abuse a system no matter what or where it is -- that's the individual's personal ethics at play, not the ethics of the system.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Most people prioritize.  Like knowing about tree rings, but not counting hearts Smiley Happy

Gosh darn it girl....I knew about those tree rings...I wanted you to show how smart you are.  

Oh a few nights ago you didn't like my post...so I removed it.  To please you.  (smile)  

Honored Contributor

dBd said:

It really has nothing to do with someone being perceptive or aware of their surroundings.  As I said, people choose what they assign importance to, and choose how to interpret the various options on social media.  And, again, some folks will "game" or abuse a system no matter what or where it is -- that's the individual's personal ethics at play, not the ethics of the system.

I totally agree.