Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My previous boss told me that once men get all the success and money that they want, they look for other "thrills."  I think that may be the case for Matt Lauer.  No excuse though.

What's wrong with skydiving?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@judy0330 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

MSNBC reported Lauer raped a woman in his office, locked her in.

She lost consciousness and needed medical help, so he had an assistant take her to see the nurse.

Usually the courts don’t find an apology is enough in an attack like that.

I read about this too.  My first thought was -- "And the nurse chose to say nothing????!!!!!"

Not just the nurse, what about his assistant that probably witnessed nonsense going on over and over again for years! It's driving me crazy that these women chose to never report this abuse at the time!! I just have a big problem of the credibility of these women that all of a sudden decide to complain years and years later. Kind-of sets womanhood back into the caveman days. 

In no way was I saying that only the nurse is culpable.  I was  simply responding to a specific post.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a prev deleted post

Honored Contributor

This as really been the year from behind the camera to in front of the camera and at so many networks that we get our news and politics from.   It appears widespread and I just wonder if each man thought they may be next to fall when others were coming down.  I hope the women stay strong and never stop telling their stories about the abuse so others can benefit.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

As others have expressed, we're sick and tired of the fake apologies.  He's only sorry he got caught.  I want to know who he instructed to install the button under his desk and when it was done.

Honored Contributor

1) How does a person NOT know that what they are doing or saying is unacceptable in the first place? Especially as they wouldn't do it in FRONT OF their wife, friends or other women.

2) An apology is fine AS LONG AS it doesn't happen again: a little too late here but at least he issued one. Otherwise, it's just lip service to being caught and you're only "sorry" that you were caught.

Yeah.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea whether the apologies are heartfelt or not.  It's hard enough to know that when you've actually known the people involved, so how could I possibly make that judgement for Lauer -  or for anyone else I wasn't judging until yesterday.

I do think some people have "tells" in their behavior when they're not telling the truth, but I have to watch an individual for a while to detect those behaviors.

Sad to say, I think way too many men (and probably women in many cases) use positions of status and/or power tn negative ways.  Sadder yet, it starts early - I saw it occasionally in the middle school where I taught and often in the high school.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@ID2

I wondered most about the assistant, he or she would be culpable to some extent, I would think.

Women don't tell, probably most of the time, that's a given.  They are too ashamed or afraid, they worry they will lose their job, they worry about retaliation, they know other women won't believe them, which we see here all the time.  It's self protection to keep their mouth shut.

In days gone by, families would advise them not to tell, for one reason, because no man would want a sullied woman as a wife.  Not to tell because it would shame the family.  This goes back a long time and it's still happening.

@Noel7

While what you post is certainly true, there are many women who DID and DO tell higher ups and they are IGNORED.  

Looks like that is changing, but you can bet your boots there will still be those higher ups who will continue to ignore and perpetrators who still get away with it.  Just less of them, hopefully.

Trusted Contributor

My guess is they didn't tell the nurse the REAL REASON the woman was unconscious...maybe some "story" that she "fell"...whatever, I'm sure if the woman sues the medical records will be used as evidence that the incident was "covered up."

Honored Contributor

And we know how people talk ,so lots of people knew.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.