Honored Contributor

Re: The sadness is exhusting

Sending hugs to you.

Respected Contributor

Thank you to the many kind posters, it feels better to hear from people that understand and who have been through such difficult times.

I hope and pray this is the first and last time such a large amount of sorrow is laid at my feet.

We are still getting our heads around the sorrow of hearing that treatments for many of our loved ones are really not an option, and the goals offered are for comfort.  We know that comfort is MOST important -it is just such a hard thing to hear for so many when you  are still trying to process the new diagnosis.

Thank you again,  hugs

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl

In the darkest of times optimism has always shown me a ray of light. I am sorry about your friends, so many within short periods of time.  My thoughts are with you. Take good care of yourself.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a more cynical view of Life (which is how I deal with these type of situations) but no way would I EVER cast that onto someone else. May your soul find peace and the strength to deal with all of this. Hugs to you. 

Honored Contributor

You are so right about it being so exhausting, and I'm sorry for both you and your friends and family who are all going through this right now.

I can only offer up what would be my coping mechanism and that would be to throw myself into as many things as I could. 

IT would include figuring out what I could do for each person/family to help them out during these times, and also get really busy with things of my own that need done/attention. 

For me, busy helps me cope. It might not be what works for everyone, but the busier I am, the less I feel sadness, the less I feel anxious, the less I dwell on what is or might be wrong. 

Prayers for you and all involved for some peace, comfort, and the best care they all need right now.

Honored Contributor

wow, so much to digest on such a full plate.  You have been kicked with quadruple whammies.

So little I can say except stay strong, you are the pillar that rock that many are leaning on for leadership.

Honored Contributor

I am very sorry for all of your sadness!  I can so identify.  I am presently on over-load myself and ready to short circuit!  It IS so exhausting --- no one knows until you go through a barrage like this.  I would rather take a beating or try and run 20 miles than go through all of this.  There is nothing more draining than emotional trauma and stress.  So much sadness and so much illness and turmoil --- it totally erodes your body, mind and soul!  I feel for you.  I hope we all get some much needed respite and good news ---- soon!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I am at a loss for words.  I shall pray to St. Jude for you all.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

First know you aren't alone.  Even people here who don't know you care and are sending prayers for you to have strength & courage.  I wish you peace.  When my family went through an extended time of great heartbreak and grief, I found taking a little time everyday to exercise really helped.  I also spent as much time as I could with those loved ones.  Some of my best memories come from that time.  The funeral home had a wonderful grief counselor that made a huge difference in how I processed each hurdle, especially when my uncle committed suicide.  May God bless.