Honored Contributor

Re: The flu shot does not prevent all strains of the flu :(

You know, since everyone's body is different, I hope those who didn't do the shot, don't get sick and have a hefty good system to ward off illness. I just fear some may not do it, and will wish they did. If your doctor says to do it, please do.

Respected Contributor

It certainly doesn't. I had the flu shot, Prevnar 13 and still wound up in the hospital for five days. I was very sick. I also was on Tamiflu for three days, brfore,that is all I could keep dpwn. My body ached terribly and had a horrific cough. I am 78 years old and sure hope no one else gets it. It's tough.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

The last time I was injected with an immunization I ended up with pneumonia.  I never get a flu shot and I never get the flu.  Scare tactic and money-maker for drug companies.

________

Tell that to the people who die annually, from the flu and flu related complications! 

Of course, healthy adults, are highly unlikely to die or suffer major flu complications. But, unlikely isn't impossible, and what about the unvaccinated person, who, gets the flu, and exposes a vulnerable individual, who,  for many reasons, may not have been vaccinated.  

Regular Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@makena wrote:

The last time I was injected with an immunization I ended up with pneumonia.  I never get a flu shot and I never get the flu.  Scare tactic and money-maker for drug companies.

________

Tell that to the people who die annually, from the flu and flu related complications! 

Of course, healthy adults, are highly unlikely to die or suffer major flu complications. But, unlikely isn't impossible, and what about the unvaccinated person, who, gets the flu, and exposes a vulnerable individual, who,  for many reasons, may not have been vaccinated.  

Well said @Suhse!