Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 mstyrion 1 said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:

Wow, I'm so relieved to see that NYC survived "the worst snowstorm since 1872" as I heard it put from deblasio. Again, the media has turned a winter snowstorm, imagine that, into the sky is falling scenario and gotten millions in a panic. My dh and I laughed out loud last night when Shepard Smith hosted a one hour special Weather Alert program. Too funny.

says the person who lives in the desert. You're from NV, right?

The implications of a severe winter storm don't affect you, so you and your DH "laugh out loud". SMH

I lived in the snowbelt along Lake Erie for over 50 years, so I do know of what I speak. We expected tons of snow and we dealt with it without getting in a panic at the very thought of it. Did I like it? NO...which explains why I now live in the desert.

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 terrier3 said:

THIRTEEN people died in Western NY back in November due to the last big storm in the state...a number froze to death in their cars.

The guv was being prudent and I don't blame him!

Excellent point.

That snowstorm was UNDERestimated.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 terrier3 said:

THIRTEEN people died in Western NY back in November due to the last big storm in the state...a number froze to death in their cars.

The guv was being prudent and I don't blame him!

Excellent point.

That snowstorm was UNDERestimated.

Earlier in the week, when the legislature went back into session (and plans were being formulated for the East Coast storm), they opened the session by reading the names of the 13 people who died in the upstate storm.

Snow can be serious, folks!

Trusted Contributor
The same things happens in Florida when we prepare for a hurricane and there is a complete miss. I would rather they warn us and have us get ready then not. We went for years without a major hurricane and people tend to forget that you could go days without power or worse.
Honored Contributor

I'm at the Jersey shore. It snowed most of yesterday and all night. It's still snowing. We have a whole 4"" of snow.

Honored Contributor

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope that next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have severe tornadoes and hurricanes (that can kill you) they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

moved to quote

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope they next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have sever tornadoes and hurricanes they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

It involved 50 million people...that's a BIG chunk of the USA.

And yes, the cable news channels spend a LOT of time on hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.

The NE is the center for finance (Wall Street) for the country - and is important in the WORLD.

Super Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:

Wow, I'm so relieved to see that NYC survived "the worst snowstorm since 1872" as I heard it put from deblasio. Again, the media has turned a winter snowstorm, imagine that, into the sky is falling scenario and gotten millions in a panic. My dh and I laughed out loud last night when Shepard Smith hosted a one hour special Weather Alert program. Too funny.

says the person who lives in the desert. You're from NV, right?

The implications of a severe winter storm don't affect you, so you and your DH "laugh out loud". SMH

I lived in the snowbelt along Lake Erie for over 50 years, so I do know of what I speak. We expected tons of snow and we dealt with it without getting in a panic at the very thought of it. Did I like it? NO...which explains why I now live in the desert.

Your attitude towards the coverage of a potential disaster speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I'm glad you found it so humorous.

Super Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope that next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have severe tornadoes and hurricanes (that can kill you) they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

I'm sorry you feel so angry about being left out. Perhaps instead you should show some empathy towards your fellow human beings. I remember Hurricane Andrew very well and my loved ones were involved praying for their lives.