Respected Contributor
Well, one of the stories on the national news tonight is many Amazon customers complaining about lack of deliveries, even for those who paid for upgrades. So the Q customers are not alone! I also heard the other day that many, many more packages are being stolen at homes! Yes, shopping online is not always as convenient as we wish, especially during the holidays. But I am always happy when my packages arrive!
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:
Well, one of the stories on the national news tonight is many Amazon customers complaining about lack of deliveries, even for those who paid for upgrades. So the Q customers are not alone! I also heard the other day that many, many more packages are being stolen at homes! Yes, shopping online is not always as convenient as we wish, especially during the holidays. But I am always happy when my packages arrive!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

i have definitely been having difficulties with amazon package delivery. two items were cancelled for some unknown reason and some are delayed (even though i have prime). they offer 2 day delivery, but my packages are arriving in about 6 days or so. i HAVE gotten a few where they have arrived within 1 - 2 days. we do have an amazon warehouse close by also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think the problem is UPS.  They underestimated the need for shipping services and are simply overwhelmed.  They've blamed everything from the weather to mechanical failures for delays.  Seems to me like they give priority to Amazon packages.

Someone on our neighborhood website reported seeing a pick-up following a UPS truck.  The bed had a bunch of packages in it accompanied by a couple of men.  When she walked out toward the street, they took off.  She was unable to get a license number but called the police.  Made me wonder if UPS drivers don't notice these things?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Q is Not Alone

[ Edited ]

Just in general, I have found that Prime is not what it once was, at least for me.  It takes longer than 2 days more often than it gets in here 2 days, and rarely do I get something in just 1 day.  We have an Amazon warehouse within less than 8 miles (I know not everything is in that warehouse, but you'd think SOMETHING comes from there).

I have been having problems with UPS lately, too.  Right now I have a package that has been 10 miles from my home for several days.  I was notified it would finally arrive today and when it did not come I tracked it and it said it was delayed.  How many days does it take to travel 10 miles????  A couple of days ago I had 2 deliveries due on the same day.  Oddly, one was scheduled to arrive in the AM and one in the late afternoon.  Neither arrived on time.  Why would they send 2 different trucks to the same house on the same day - and neither of them can arrive as scheduled?  It is early in the busy season, but I suppose it is due to many new people hired as temps.

USPS is the worst of all!  You would think some of these companies could get a handle on efficient transport/delivery of packages, but all seem to be getting worse - not better.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Other than QVC I mostly order from Chewy and Amazon.

I usually get whatever I've ordered within 2 days.  It's amazing!

With Amazon I've even received something the very day I ordered it.

I don't have any complaints about Chewy (animal things) and Amazon.

There have been a few times when I've gone to other websites and they've directed me to Amazon.

Maybe it's easier for them to go through Amazon, I don't know.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the problem is UPS.  They underestimated the need for shipping services and are simply overwhelmed.  They've blamed everything from the weather to mechanical failures for delays.  Seems to me like they give priority to Amazon packages.

Someone on our neighborhood website reported seeing a pick-up following a UPS truck.  The bed had a bunch of packages in it accompanied by a couple of men.  When she walked out toward the street, they took off.  She was unable to get a license number but called the police.  Made me wonder if UPS drivers don't notice these things?

Amazon does not use UPS as much as they once did - they have there own planes and delivery trucks now.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper : I have prime but upset that UPS transfers the Amazon package to USPS and that adds one or two days for the package delivery. One amazon package today was in a large yellow envelope-  delivered by postman was stuffed into our mailbox. It was a small box of miniature Christmas ornaments and a miracle they were not crushed. DH had trouble getting it out of the mailbox. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I think it depends where you live.  I've recently relocated and am getting my amazon deliveries faster than ever.  They are delivered by Amazon's own delivery drivers in marked vans, or in private vehicles with amazon stickers on them.  Some of the private vehicles also have Uber labels on them.  Multitaskers!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think UPS gets more overwhelmed every year. They hire Seasonal help that gets very little training....

I get my last package delivered by Amazon tomorrow and I am done ordering until next month......

Honored Contributor

Our Amazon orders are delivered in an Amazon van.