Esteemed Contributor

I admit that I buy hardly anything on here anymore. Nothing excites me, nothing says to me, "Ooooh! I MUST have that!"

I have even cut way back on my watching of the Q. I might tune in for five ot ten minutes once or twice a week, but that's about it.

I miss the 50-In-50 tour.

That brought new products, and small time inventors to us.

I miss the Tic-Tac-Q game that they would play.

Heck, I even miss the "pub" that they would have for an all-day St. Patrick's day show.

Now, it's just dullsville.

It just isn't exciting to me anymore.

Contributor

Re: The Good Ole Days of QVC

Totally Agree! I miss the old QVC.

Respected Contributor

Don't you think that as time goes by it simply takes more to get us excited, in general (not just with the Q)?  Cat Embarassed

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I miss their Once In a Lifetime shows

Honored Contributor

i dont know about "the good ole days," but i do miss the 50/50 tour......that was usually a lot of fun to watch.

i have been shopping at qvc for probably 25+ years now and i am buying more from them now than ever before. of course, i dont generally sit down to watch the shows nor do i  look for lots of entertainment from them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Times have changed since the "good ole days".  The excitement and thrill that tv shopping had back then was mostly because there was no internet shopping so many things shown were not readily available by just clicking.  There were not as many options for finding unique things back then.  We can't go backward in time.  I actually find it much better being able to go to the internet to shop whether it be QVC, another shopping channel, Amazon, etc rather than having to rely on just what is shown to shop.  I also do not miss all the junky novel things I purchased back then that were entirely useless and such a waste of money!!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2I have no nostalgia for the old days of QVC.  I did watch the 50-50, but never once bought anything. I wasn't really upset as hosts changed, and I'm just not shopping anywhere nearly as much as I used to.

Yes, I've probably cut my QVC spending close to half from my peak spending and I've certainly changed what I buy for that money.  But lots of what I spent went for gold -- and I haven't bought any gold any where for almost 5 years now.

Further, while I've cut QVC close to half, I've cut Macys to zero and even Nordstrom, my favorite clothing destination is probably down to below 5% of what I used to spend there.

In a way, I regard my experience with QVC in the past pretty much like I regard the little Pennsylvania town where I grew up -  they were each good for me then, buty I'm not who I was then, so I'm one who would not go back. 

Honored Contributor

QVC is now dull, there's no denying it.  A different channel really is more fun, and for sure has new products all the time.

I love Denim & Co but most of their products are the same old, same old.  I like the knit shirts but they never think of going seasonal with color.

I used to buy a lot from here, basics for DD in college, especially knit shirts, and a lot of things for her kitchen dorm apt., now almost nothing is fun from here.

Same old beauty products but the really good specials are gone forever, it seems, as are the nice watches they used to feature during the holidays.

And now, back to Kitchen Aid.  Or Dyson.  How about a mattress?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually saw LR in Chicago during the 50/50 tour.   She was sitting outside the Wrigley Building,,right above the Chicago River, on a cold blustery Saturday morning, trying in vain to keep her hair in place.

I have no idea what she was hawking ... I was on my way to my hair stylist whose salon was in the building.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops Very well said, my husband and I grew up in the same town where you knew everyone for miles, approximately 7 years ago we moved back to that same small town to try to recapture some of the "Good Ole" days of our youth, we did not even last 2 years there, sometimes it is best to leave the "Good Ole" days in the past as you  truly will never  be able to go home and capture the magic of what was.