Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 2cockers1cat said:
On 4/1/2015 JustJazzmom said:

The redhead (Rachel Brosnahan) was the prostitute on House of Cards and was also on Manhattan (a WGN America series about the development of the atomic bomb).

Just read William Peterson has joined the cast for season 2.

This is going to be good.... or better...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm. Either I'm not bright or there were gaps in the story. Wish there was more clarity. Cote has a beautiful singing voice. I'll try to watch it again tonight.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor
The novel was wonderful. I think it's difficult to condense a novel into a made-for-TV movie. I am almost always disappointed in the film version.
Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Cakers1 said:

*yawn* Suffered through it. I'm another fan of Cote. She was the only reason I'd tune in to NCIS.

I stopped watching NCIS when Ziva left. She was the only reason I watched that show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Watched the conclusion last night ON DEMAND, waiting to see what was going to happen.

I guess I should have read the book. This movie was awful. What a waste of some good actors' talents, including Cote's.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I enjoyed it. Liked it much better than ""Killing Jesus"".

Honored Contributor

I swore I would not watch part 2 but after I invested 2 hours, (and for the lack of anything else worth watching) I watched.

What a mess.

I too remember Masada with Peter O'Toole. So many of the mini-series from the 70's and 80's were great TV.

Super Contributor

i was thinking about watching this - but our local station shows The Ten Commandments every year on Easter Sunday and i never miss it! even though i have the DVD i have been watching it since i can remember.

Valued Contributor
On 4/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

I enjoyed it. Liked it much better than "Killing Jesus".

I am with you on this and the actor who played Jesus just did not look like most of all the other actors who have portrayed him,and I just couldn't identify with him.

Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2015 nafecar said:
On 4/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

I enjoyed it. Liked it much better than "Killing Jesus".

I am with you on this and the actor who played Jesus just did not look like most of all the other actors who have portrayed him,and I just couldn't identify with him.

The odds are overwhelming that the actual Jesus was smaller and darker than usually portrayed. That's how the people who were from that area looked.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices