Honored Contributor

The Days Are Getting Shorter!

It's September 2nd and I've been noticing here on the East Coast the days are slowly getting shorter.

The sun's still out but it's a late day sun (6:41 PM).  The evenings are getting a little cooler.

Who's looking forward to the cooler days.  I love the Fall weather.

My oldest daughter spends every weekend she can at a beach, any beach!  That girl loves the heat and the ocean.

My youngest daughter loves the mountains.  She just got back from traveling from Denver to California for 2 weeks.  

The middle daughter lives in Florida, so I guess the heat doesn't bother her either.

Anyway, I'm curious, what's your favorite season and why?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Days Are Getting Shorter!

I live in an area where we experience all four seasons and I do enjoy them all. About the time you’re ready for a change it’s a new season. I kind of like what @Nancy Drew said about the Indian Summer, though.  🙂

Honored Contributor

I’m in the mid-south and it’s still very hot and humid here, after months of the same, even though the days are getting shorter.  I’m sick of it.  Summer is my least favorite season to begin with, but this year has been awful, for many reasons for me.

My favorite season is winter, followed by late fall—after it actually starts to cool down, usually after the first frost.  I don’t like hot weather and I’m sensitive to many allergens, so I prefer the cold when everything is dormant because I just feel better then.  I do not like when we get the occasional heavy snow or ice storm, but other than that, give me winter any day.  

Honored Contributor

My favorite season is fall. The days start getting shorter ,right after the summer solstice, and are at the darkest at Christmas, and then start getting longer again , building up to Easter, and beyond . The church calendar used the sun/ and solstice to determine liturgical days

It follows the seasons ,and I just love this time of the year. It keeps building, every month, is something new, starting with harvest time

The cows comedown from Summer pastures and the Grapes are harvested. These are/were big events in Europe. We always have something to look forward to

Esteemed Contributor

I love Summer!! I hold on to it for dear life. Summers in New York are too short.I dread the cooler weather which will eventually lead to snow & ice!!

New Contributor

Nicksmom.   I’m from SE Michigan and I agree with you 100%.  

Esteemed Contributor

Funny you should post this @Annabellethecat66.  Just a few minutes ago I commented to my husband that it's 7:40 and starting to get dark out.  So happy about that!  I love the shorter days and I love the cooler weather.  Summer can never end soon enough for me. Autumn is my favorite season with winter being a close second.

Honored Contributor

I love having4 seasons, I just hate extremes. That being said , I have never, even in my younger days, handled heat well, so I love sunshine and cool temps.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I noticed the days getting shorter   Friday night, I left work at 8 and it was pretty dark.  I am not a fan of the heat   So truly looking forward to cold crisp air in New England !

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It's September 2nd and I've been noticing here on the East Coast the days are slowly getting shorter.

The sun's still out but it's a late day sun (6:41 PM).  The evenings are getting a little cooler.

Who's looking forward to the cooler days.  I love the Fall weather.

My oldest daughter spends every weekend she can at a beach, any beach!  That girl loves the heat and the ocean.

My youngest daughter loves the mountains.  She just got back from traveling from Denver to California for 2 weeks.  

The middle daughter lives in Florida, so I guess the heat doesn't bother her either.

Anyway, I'm curious, what's your favorite season and why?

I noticed the days getting shorter   Friday night, I left work at 8 and it was pretty dark.  I am not a fan of the heat   So truly looking forward to cold crisp air in New England !