Esteemed Contributor
Trevor Noah will have some big shoes to fill for sure.

Love The Nightly Show and can't wait to Larry's take on the debates Monday night.
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I caught a few of JS's old shows before the finale last night. I realized just what an important role he played in our culture. Jon never suffered fools gladly. He pointed out hypocrisy in many areas...politics, obviously, but also in other areas of American life. He did it with intelligence and humor. I watched him skewer that Kramer guy from CNBC for being part of the mess and exploitation by Wall Street in the recession...right to his face...and got an apology and a handshake at the end. He pointed out the short sightedness of politicians whose videos clearly revealed their self-contradictory statements. Some of his guests were intellectuals whom Stewart engaged in such a way as to make their complicated but important thoughts understandable, again through humor. 

Watching those old shows one after another, I was struck by just how important Stewart has been. Nobody can replace him. Yes, John Oliver's show is great but he's only on once a week on HBO. Stewart reached so many people in such a unique way. I will really miss him.

Very well said Vivian. I had the marathon on in the backround most of the day yesterday.  While I underdstand his desire for a break and time with his family, I really hope it's not too long before he's back with his next project.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

It was a great show last night.  It was nice to see Stephen Colbert. Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor
MSNBC will have a special on his work @ 9 ET
Esteemed Contributor

Jon Stewart is brilliant and i look forward to the next phase of his life. I'm sure it will be equally impressive.  His show spawned a lot of stars the same as SNl, the two Steves being good examples. I'll miss the Daily Show terribly, but I enjoy the Nightly Show and John Oliver's show on HBO. There's also Bill Maher's Real Time. I am hoping this new guy from South Africa carries on but does something new and fresh as well. I am also anxious to see Steven Colbert in a new setting an with a new role. Jon really has a great eye for talent, and the cast seems to respect him immensely.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I caught a few of JS's old shows before the finale last night. I realized just what an important role he played in our culture. Jon never suffered fools gladly. He pointed out hypocrisy in many areas...politics, obviously, but also in other areas of American life. He did it with intelligence and humor. I watched him skewer that Kramer guy from CNBC for being part of the mess and exploitation by Wall Street in the recession...right to his face...and got an apology and a handshake at the end. He pointed out the short sightedness of politicians whose videos clearly revealed their self-contradictory statements. Some of his guests were intellectuals whom Stewart engaged in such a way as to make their complicated but important thoughts understandable, again through humor. 

Watching those old shows one after another, I was struck by just how important Stewart has been. Nobody can replace him. Yes, John Oliver's show is great but he's only on once a week on HBO. Stewart reached so many people in such a unique way. I will really miss him.

Superbly-put.

And 'The Daily Show' was how a generation got their news.

His fair and humorous way boosted their interest in how politics affects the world.

* BULLSHIHT MOUNTAIN FOREVER *

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
@MSNBC will have a special on his work @ 9 ET

Thanks Lila Belle; It repeats again at 10PM ET.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Superbly-put.

And 'The Daily Show' was how a generation got their news.

His fair and humorous way boosted their interest in how politics affects the world.

* BULLSHIHT MOUNTAIN FOREVER *

***************************************************************************************

That's a heap of Messopotamia !

Honored Contributor

Re: The Daily Show

[ Edited ]

from Jon's final DS monologue...

"Bulls--- is everywhere."

"There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been in some ways infused with bulls---.

... So whenever something's been titled 'Freedom,' 'Family,' 'Fairness,' 'Health,' 'America,' take a good, long sniff.

Chances are it's been manufactured in a facility that may contain traces of bulls---."

"The good news is this."

"Bulls----ers have gotten pretty lazy, and their work is easily detected.                             Looking for it is kind of a pleasant way to pass the time. like an I Spy of bulls---.

So I say to you tonight, friends, the best defense against bulls--- is vigilance.

So if you smell something, say something."

goed-gedaan.jpg (200×132)

Esteemed Contributor
That was great wasn't it feline groovy ?

I hope others will stand up to the plate and carry on.