Respected Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I'm in denial over his departure.

Can't wait to see what he does next. Betting it'll be great.

***************************************************************************************

I agree

Jon is an animal rights activist, and from what I've read, at least for a while, he will be investing a great deal of time and $$ on that cause.

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Political.

Honored Contributor

I'll miss this show VERY much.  Jon is smart (massively intelligent, which I love) and funny.  

I picked out a few of the rerun episodes they're running today.  One that caught my eye was S01, E01, with Michael J Fox as the guest.   

I only found the show about 10 years ago so I missed quite a lot.  

He's a good man who does good things in the world.  I just watched the recent ep with POTUS and really enjoyed that one, too.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Trublu2 wrote:

Smiley Sad I wish he'd stay through 2016!!

I know, the next presidential election won't be the same without him!

A few months back - before he announced he was leaving- I had tickets for his show but cancelled them since David Letterman tickets [a very tough find at the time] came through.  I was going to request new tickets- but the wait from one line to the next - and an eventual  seat in the studio takes hours literally. For a 1/2 hr show!   I'd much rather see Jon Stewart in a  two++ hour  setting in the future!!  Love everything  about the guy!!

Regular Contributor

I will miss him too.

Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
An all day moment of zen !

I really hate to see him go.

Me too Lila. Irreplaceable, IMO

ITA!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Daily Show

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
An all day moment of zen !

I really hate to see him go.

Me too Lila. Irreplaceable, IMO

ITA!!!

Are you watching any of the marathon @winamac1? I've been giggling all day.mini haha.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Final episode starting now

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I caught a few of JS's old shows before the finale last night. I realized just what an important role he played in our culture. Jon never suffered fools gladly. He pointed out hypocrisy in many areas...politics, obviously, but also in other areas of American life. He did it with intelligence and humor. I watched him skewer that Kramer guy from CNBC for being part of the mess and exploitation by Wall Street in the recession...right to his face...and got an apology and a handshake at the end. He pointed out the short sightedness of politicians whose videos clearly revealed their self-contradictory statements. Some of his guests were intellectuals whom Stewart engaged in such a way as to make their complicated but important thoughts understandable, again through humor. 

Watching those old shows one after another, I was struck by just how important Stewart has been. Nobody can replace him. Yes, John Oliver's show is great but he's only on once a week on HBO. Stewart reached so many people in such a unique way. I will really miss him.

Honored Contributor

How great would it have been to hear Jon's take on the debates yesterday?  I know he's probably burned out and is already doing great things on the farm he is running but I will truly miss him during this election cycle.  Heart