Honored Contributor

The Container Store- slow shipping

Not complaining, it's a byproduct of the virus and reduced staff, just making conversation. 

I placed an online order early on 4/17. They sent a confirmation saying that shipping would be a little slower because of the reduced staff. No problem.  I have placed 3 orders from them during the pandemic so I know the drill by now.

I got an email from them a week ago saying "thanks for being patient. Your order is getting ready to ship". 

It's 4/30. Hasn't shipped yet.  That is substantially slower than my last two orders. 

Again, it's just a sign of the times, but I'm bored and I felt like posting something, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Container Store- slow shipping

@gidgetgh I feel your pain and, like you, I understand it, too. I have many orders from Amazon that I have no idea when I'll receive....some maybe in June? It's crazy. I miss the old, reliable 2-day prime delivery on Amazon....I also ordered something from Wayfair and discovered afterwards that it would be 6-8 weeks before delivery. (sigh....). The whole situation makes me appreciate how well everything ran BEFORE the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue with two clothing orders.  I'm not planning to place anymore orders until the situation improves.  

Honored Contributor

My Container Store has curbside pickup.  I haven't had to order anything that had to be shipped. 

I have placed a few clothing orders.  They took 7-10 days just to ship, which I expected.  I wasn't in a rush to receive them. 

I have to return a few things, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do that.  I'll either wait for the store to open or send them back. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@gidgetgh I feel your pain and, like you, I understand it, too. I have many orders from Amazon that I have no idea when I'll receive....some maybe in June? It's crazy. I miss the old, reliable 2-day prime delivery on Amazon....I also ordered something from Wayfair and discovered afterwards that it would be 6-8 weeks before delivery. (sigh....). The whole situation makes me appreciate how well everything ran BEFORE the pandemic.

@Goldengate8361 - yeah, I've been ordering from Amazon also.  Shipping is all over the place with them right now.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

My Container Store has curbside pickup.  I haven't had to order anything that had to be shipped. 

I have placed a few clothing orders.  They took 7-10 days just to ship, which I expected.  I wasn't in a rush to receive them. 

I have to return a few things, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do that.  I'll either wait for the store to open or send them back. 

@Bri369 - I don't know if the 2 closest to us have curbside pickup. I didn't think to check. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369 - I don't know if the 2 closest to us have curbside pickup. I didn't think to check. 

@gidgetgh  You should definitely check!