Trusted Contributor

The Bachelor - can't believe people watch this!

For umpteen seasons the guy is the prince, there's always a few drunks and weirdos vying for his "hand," he may sleep with or certainly at least kiss any number of them, and then they beg him to be the "one, " throwing all self respect to the wind. I think the whole thing is disgusting and an insult to everything that women have fought so hard to achieve. I just caught one of the last two virtually trying to sell herself, while he doesn't say anything - he's the prize, right? It's all about him, forget getting to know her. I can't believe millions of people watch this!
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bachelor - can't believe people watch this!

We're all here watching!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

The whole thing is so contrived, like watching a soap opera and i hate soap operas.

Esteemed Contributor

For the most part American TV is mindless idiotic garbage with the reality shows leading the pack.
Esteemed Contributor

It's mindless entertainment with no violence or blood. Sometimes that is a good thing.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 colliegirls said:

It's mindless entertainment with no violence or blood. Sometimes that is a good thing.

It's mindless alright.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch it. Blech!

Respected Contributor

This season was by far the worst, no more batchelor for this gal. Same with Dancing with the Stars. These shows are all a bout secks, butts, boobs and garbage now.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Well, to get on the show you have to meet height and weight requirements so at the start it's not about true love.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/9/2015 lizzief said: For umpteen seasons the guy is the prince, there's always a few drunks and weirdos vying for his "hand," he may sleep with or certainly at least kiss any number of them, and then they beg him to be the "one, " throwing all self respect to the wind. I think the whole thing is disgusting and an insult to everything that women have fought so hard to achieve. I just caught one of the last two virtually trying to sell herself, while he doesn't say anything - he's the prize, right? It's all about him, forget getting to know her. I can't believe millions of people watch this!

I am with you! But, yes, I do watch it and can't say why.